Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli Xesse FTF

4 posters

Go down

Hammerli Xesse FTF Empty Hammerli Xesse FTF

Post by aub1957 Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi, I am hoping to get a little guidance from the forum on an occasional issue I am experiencing with a new Hammerli Xesse IPSC.

During a practice session, I will get on or two fail to fire incidents. A round will chamber from the magazine, I will pull the trigger and nothing. I will have to pull the slide back, return it to battery and the round will then fire. I have noticed that the pistol is a little more demanding about being cleaned regularly. I have also found that the pistol likes Wolf ammo the best.

I did a search about this and saw where a few folks with Xesse pistols have mentioned that their extractor springs were a bit too strong and that it might cause the slide to hang open in some instances.

I would definitely say that my extractor exhibits the same issue. The extractor seems to be overly stiff, and the slide has to be pulled back all the way to insure that it closes completely.

Should I try cutting a coil or two off my extractor spring and going that route?

aub1957

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Xesse FTF Empty Re: Hammerli Xesse FTF

Post by Ray Dash Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:41 pm

I would say if its new to put a bunch of rounds through it and break it in. I had some "teething" issues with mine that went away and its been 100% reliable since.
Ray Dash
Ray Dash

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:21 pm

does the gun drop the hammer when this happens or has it not re-cocked

keeping the chamber clean is important. 

xesse and the older trialside all have strong extractor springs.. really shouldn't be an issue
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Is the firing pin area clean? I had a similar issue with my Xesse Sport and once I cleaned it with some compressed air, it was good to go.
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by aub1957 Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:34 am

I haven't done any extensive disassembly/cleaning yet, but I will look at the firing pin. I have noticed that it prefers to run cleaner than my other pistols, and I have seen other folks say the same. My cleaning regime is not as disciplined as it should be. I am going to have to clean it before every outing.

It is very tight, so I am thinking that since it is so new, I am going to run 1-2K rounds through it before I do anything other than cleaning and see if it loosens up a little.

I was going to just sell this pistol as there are some things I like about it and others that I do not. However, I am shooting it well enough at 50 yards that I think I will keep it.

The iron sights on it are just not great, though. I am going to have to engrave the true direction to adjust on the sight body as the arrows on there now make no sense.

aub1957

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:42 am

If you decide to sell it, let me know! Very Happy
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down