Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder

2 posters

Go down

32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder Empty 32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder

Post by Guest 2/18/2020, 11:23 am

I have an XL650 with the two speed Dillon case feeder plus large and small pistol plates. Works fine with 45ACP (Large) and 9mm/38Super (Small), but the 32ACP brass is so small that it often jams under the Dillon small plate.

I've seen a number of DIY feeder stories on YouTube and it appears to be quite easy to fabricate a plate from HDPE or similar that will hug the base of the feeder hopper and have smaller indents around the edge to better fit the small 32ACP brass.

But, before I go and buy some plastic and start cutting - has anyone found a good solution for feeding 32ACP brass with a Dillon Case Feeder?

Back to top Go down

32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder Empty Re: 32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder

Post by dronning 2/18/2020, 12:25 pm

Make sure you DON'T have the spacer washer installed under the Case Feed Plate.

Page 4 FIG 2 in the attached.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder Empty Re: 32ACP brass in a Dillon Case Feeder

Post by lablover 2/18/2020, 12:28 pm

That’s too funny..I was just looking at that today.  My plate seems to be fine but my problem is when it drops the case down the tube they want to go sideways sometimes.

I could swear I saw like a Dillon funnel for smaller cases to fit at the top of the tube.  I have yet to have the feed plate jam but then again I’ve only loaded 300 or so.

I’m going to see if I can 3D print a filler funnel for the drop tube.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/18/2020, 12:50 pm

One solution for the tube is to find another piece of plastic tube that will go inside the large (one size fits all) Dillon tube. If you do 3D print something, please print 2 and I will be happy to pay you. (Whilst you're at it I'd really like a couple of those red extension tubes you have fitted to your red dots - sorry to be cheeky!).

I don't have the washer under my small pistol plate, but I will look again to see if there is anything causing the plate to ride too high.

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 2/18/2020, 1:04 pm

radjag wrote:One solution for the tube is to find another piece of plastic tube that will go inside the large (one size fits all) Dillon tube. If you do 3D print something, please print 2 and I will be happy to pay you. (Whilst you're at it I'd really like a couple of those red extension tubes you have fitted to your red dots - sorry to be cheeky!).

I don't have the washer under my small pistol plate, but I will look again to see if there is anything causing the plate to ride too high.
That would be Jim that has the red extensions.  I made mine black with a green ring for the back.  When I get around to designing the funnel I’ll do a few
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down