Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Thomas Turning Target system

+13
Wes Lorenz
Fotomaniac
jwax
Steve in MI
JKR
robert84010
valbern67
Ed Hall
lakemurrayman
teg2658
john bickar
fc60
gmmpa
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Frank Thomas Turning Target system - Page 2 Empty Frank Thomas Turning Target system

Post by gmmpa 2/21/2020, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Years ago in the 80s I purchased a Frank Thomas turning Target system at Camp Perry.  Does anyone know if he is still alive?  Does anyone still have one of these units that still works?  Does any have more information about these units or any history about how long he sold them?

gmmpa

Back to top Go down

Frank Thomas Turning Target system - Page 2 Empty Target remote

Post by 8eightring 4/30/2020, 3:59 pm

Here is one of the Frank Thomas turning targets. It has the wireless remote. Plug a momentary contact switch into the remote and start the timing sequence. There is a three second delay, and three, 10 , and 20 second face times. 
It is a 12 VDC unit. It came with a small gel cell battery that is long gone. I just have a small 12 VDC lawn tractor battery for it now.
Frank wrote on the side of the remote with a Sharpie 27.195 MGZ

I have had to open the timer box and blow out the dust. There are potentiometers inside to adjust the time settings. Also there are replaceable relays in case you are having trouble with your unit. I did have to take the cover off one of the relays and blow the dust out so it would make good contact.

After all these years the target still works great. I am 71 so it will probably outlast me.

Frank Thomas Turning Target system - Page 2 20200411
 Frank Thomas Turning Target system - Page 2 20200410
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Frank Thomas Turning Target system - Page 2 Empty Re: Frank Thomas Turning Target system

Post by jwax 4/30/2020, 6:15 pm

I'll also vouch for the Freedom Technologies target turner. It's generations more advanced than the Frank Thomas system, providing you have an Android cellphone. ($35 at Walmart).
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Frank Thomas Turning Target system - Page 2 Empty Re: Frank Thomas Turning Target system

Post by WillH 4/30/2020, 7:33 pm

Your frame plans were super helpful when I was trying to figure out something for my application so thanks for that.
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Post by robert84010 4/30/2020, 9:24 pm

Fotomaniac wrote:Anyone willing to part with one of these?
If nothing comes up for sale and you want to build one there are plans online by Ed Hall.

https://starreloaders.com/edhall/turner2013/turner2013.html

https://starreloaders.com/edhall/turningsystem.html

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by smdial 9/15/2022, 1:57 pm

smdial

http://indy1800.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2