Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun broker

+6
Mike M.
Outthere
mpolans
Dcforman
messenger
Jwhelan939
10 posters

Go down

Gun broker Empty Gun broker

Post by Jwhelan939 Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Have any of you had horror stories with Gunbroker? I've bought a dozen things off there without issue, but a current auction is making me cautious. I'm very interested in the item, but I've sent 3 emails to the sender over the past week without response. What do you all think? Seller has 60 5 star ratings, but none in the past 4 years.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Gun broker Empty Re: Gun broker

Post by messenger Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:16 pm

I have at least 40 transactions on GunBroker. Ran into one jerk. I did get my money back but got a few gray hairs out of the deal. I wouldn't proceed until you hear from the seller. 

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Assuming you're referring to the GT45 for sale. I have also asked questions, and gotten no response. I've decided to pass. At that price, though, it might be worth the risk...

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 pm

I've had great success buying and selling on there, but if something is at a price that is too good to be true, the the seller hasn't sold anything in several years, and the seller won't respond to multiple emails, those are some big red flags that would make me pass...unless it was cheap enough that I would okay if I lost all my money on it.  With those sorts of red flags, it could be that someone's account got hacked and the hacker made a fake listing to make a buck.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:08 am

If the seller won't respond to an email, run away. You may also ask for his phone number.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 am

I will say the seller has 4 rather unique target pistols for sale, all pictured on the same background, and I haven't been able to located those pics elsewhere on the web. So my inclination is that he is in possession of all four. 

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:32 am

Dcforman wrote:I will say the seller has 4 rather unique target pistols for sale, all pictured on the same background, and I haven't been able to located those pics elsewhere on the web. So my inclination is that he is in possession of all four. 

Dave

Ty!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike M. Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:53 pm

I've had good experienced on GunBroker, but would agree that a seller who isn't responding to messages should be avoided.

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:37 pm

I too have made a lot of purchases from GunBroker but none in the last three years. I would profile a lot like whoever is selling those pistols. The heart surgery slowed the impulse buying down a lot. I only mention this because it could be GunBrokers fault your emails are not getting thru. Someone at GB went nuts and they are Phishing for personal information constantly. Everyone of their so called gun giveaways or gear giveaways are info mines. I finally had to block everything from them as spam. My point is you would never be able to contact me thru them. He/She might be blocking also. Just an opinion...

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Outthere wrote:If the seller won't respond to an email, run away. You may also ask for his phone number.

hold the phone!!!

I have not read all the responses yet,   however I can say as a seller (2100+ feedback, ) that Gunbroker's message system absolutely sucks, 
no nice way to put it

I'll have folks call me about items asking why I have not replied to emails , (that I never got)

now as an aside,  you email me asking if I will end the auction, take less, etc etc, I just delete the simple stuff,
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:06 pm

lyman1903 wrote:
Outthere wrote:If the seller won't respond to an email, run away. You may also ask for his phone number.

hold the phone!!!

I have not read all the responses yet,   however I can say as a seller (2100+ feedback, ) that Gunbroker's message system absolutely sucks, 
no nice way to put it

I'll have folks call me about items asking why I have not replied to emails , (that I never got)

now as an aside,  you email me asking if I will end the auction, take less, etc etc, I just delete the simple stuff,

Good to know from someone on the other side! Thank you!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:24 pm

I've made 30+ transactions on GB over the past couple of years, bought many guns and stuff, sold several guns. All OK, only one glitch when a Buyer's Money Order got returned by USPS and he then had a bout of "Buyer's Remorse" and withdrew. Took a couple of weeks for me to get the seller commission refunded, but it all got settled eventually. The "15 Minute Rule" on GB is excellent, eliminates the "gaming robot" problem on eBay. But, if you are a Buyer, I advise you to be in front of your computer for the final 20 minutes of the auction if you are serious about the item.

As for this Pardini GT45 - I got pushed (in the last 20 minutes) a bit beyond my pre-set limit, but I got it in the end. Hope that I've not bought a lemon. Regarding communication with this seller - he very promptly answered several questions to my full satisfaction during the auction, so if the OP did not get a response I suggest that he communicate with GB to find out why.
Gun broker Gt4510
Not got the gun yet, fingers crossed, don't count chickens, etc., etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Wish you would have said something. Looks like we were just pushing each other's prices up.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Possibly, but, at the end of the day, someone has to put in a winning bid. There were other bidders up to above $1,600, they probably stopped once they saw it rise somewhat above that level, so I guess that it sold for what it appears to be worth to the motivated buyer's. That's what auctions are all about!

It may yet turn out that you are the lucky one. I haven't got the gun yet!!

And now I need to figure out how to fit a tube type sight on to the rear sight dovetail groove instead of that Doctor reflex - I gave up on those a while ago, don't suit my eyes.

And my mentor will surely tell me I'm wasting my money yet again, cause he's currently building me my ultimate 1911 wad gun. But I'm impatient and I like Pardini's, so what the heck!

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 am

Radjag PardiniUSA has you covered

https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=63

Also I'm interested in the irons as mine came just with the above part
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 am

Andrew,
Thanks, yes I'd seen that on the PARDINI USA site previously. $250 just for the mount! The old analogy "if ya can't afford the gas, don't buy the car" springs to mind!

I intend to first try the gun with the existing Doctor sight. If I get the same starburst dot that I had on my previous Vortex Venoms then I will look at other options.

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 am

I have that mount on my GT, it is a nice piece, no trouble to install.  Spendy, but worth it.  You’ll forget what you paid for it in a few days.  Very Happy
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:38 pm

You can also use the short mount if you're going to use an Aimpoint Micro/clone. Saves you $50.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks Dave - interesting - I shall have to look at the existing mount when I get it and then call Pardini and try to find the best/cheapest solution. I've got an Aimpoint H1 with Kodiak and also some SIG STS 081's which I will choose from.

Back to top Go down

Post by SingleActionAndrew Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:47 am

Congratulations on joining the GT45-II club by the way!
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down