Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing

+4
Gary Collette
CrankyThunder
ssauer2004
mikemargolis
8 posters

Go down

Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing Empty Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing

Post by mikemargolis 3/1/2020, 5:21 pm

Hi Guys,

My brand new SP has less than 1000 rounds through it.  I am using the SK Pistol Match that Pardini USA recommends.

Magazine 1, shot #1 about 25% of the time fails to eject the spent casing.

I can open the slide, push the button to lock open, and remove the casing easily. Question is, why?

I have an email into P-USA, but curious if someone has an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Mike Margolis

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing Empty Re: Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing

Post by ssauer2004 3/2/2020, 5:53 am

I purchased a new SP from Pardini in September.  The only failures I have had,  have been after cleaning the pistol.  After a couple of magazines, it functions flawlessly. 

Are you only getting failures with that particular magazine?  I believe the extractor is part of the magazine.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing Empty Re: Brand New Pardini SP failure to eject spent casing

Post by CrankyThunder 3/2/2020, 6:16 am

HI mike. 

Try another magazine.  

The extractor is on the bolt and functions like most other 22 semi auto extractor.

The ejector is on the magazine which is rather unique to the pardini.  Compare the ejector with another magazine to see if there is a difference.   

If the problem is not magazine related,  then it is probably the extractor which is a easy and simple replacement.   

If it is magazine dependent,  replace the magazine which, since it is new, should be pardini usa responsibility.  

If it is the extractor,  send it back to pardini usa. 

I am confident that Vladimir at pardini usa will make it right, their customer service is excellent.  

Regards, 
George
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 3/2/2020, 6:20 am

As for the ejector being on the magazine,  the gun will fire without a mag but will fail to eject the spent brass.  If you want to unload the pistol,  if you remove the magazine and then cycle the bolt, the loaded round will cycle right back into the chamber and the pistol will be ready to fire.  

To unload, place a empty mag in the gun and then cycle the bolt, visually confiming that the chamber is empty
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 3/2/2020, 6:25 am

I know that this is different from most other pistols, but makes sense when you think about it.  The ejector is a high wear part and to replace it,  you simply get a new magazine.  

For what it is worth, all six magazines that I purchased with my pardini in 2013 are still functioning excellent and I have not had a non ammo related alibi since I purchased my pardini new.  Let me know what you find out and keep me posted.  

Regards, 
George
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/2/2020, 9:02 am

ssauer2004 wrote:I purchased a new SP from Pardini in September.  The only failures I have had,  have been after cleaning the pistol.

Interesting comment. I typically clean my guns the night before a match. The past two weekends I noticed a couple of failures to properly eject. Fortunately they were both in the first few shots of slow fire and so it was no problem to clear and carry on. I recently changed to Lapua Pistol King for matches - I put it down to that - but maybe I should stop cleaning so thoroughly so often.

The only time I've had an alibi so far this year has been my own fault when I did not fully insert the magazine (to the audible and tactile "Click). First round feeds and fires, the magazine gets pushed out slightly and the bolt fails to pick up the second round. Cost me two 1 point alibi's a few weeks ago Embarassed Embarassed

+1 CrankyThunder. PardiniUSA service is very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Collette 3/2/2020, 1:14 pm

I had the exact issue two years ago with a new Pardini.
I suspected the mags but close inspection with an indicator showed no issues between the new ones supplied with the gun and the old ones
I had been using with my old SPE of mid 80's vintage.
I inspected the extractor and spring and my old trouble free SPE extractor was a close match but polished like a mirror where it rides 
up in the barrel groove.
I swapped extractors and the problem disappeared in the new gun.
I then polished the new extractor stoned the slot the extractor rides in and installed it and the spring in the SPE and it ran without issue.
This was my experience for what its worth.
I would expect the extractor being hung up in some way and not holding the spent cartridge against the bolt face to come in contact
with the ejector on the mag.

G
Gary Collette
Gary Collette

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 3/2/2020, 1:50 pm

Yeah mike, I double check to make sure the mag is fully inserted in the gun as well, cannot say I have had problems but I do insure it is fully seated.
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 3/2/2020, 1:56 pm

Thanks everybody. Need to do some further testing....

I always shoot Mag 1 first, going to try Mag 4 first and see if the problem exists still, or if it's the first shot out of #1 even if the gun is warm and I've shot 15 already.

Appreciate the advice...

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/3/2020, 9:04 am

Sorry I can’t help here! I have never had a failure
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 3/3/2020, 9:52 am

James Hensler wrote:Sorry I can’t help here! I have never had a failure
That’s constructive.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/3/2020, 12:48 pm

james r chapman wrote:
James Hensler wrote:Sorry I can’t help here! I have never had a failure
That’s constructive.
I said I was sorry I couldn’t help! 

All I do is load up CCI Sv ( yes the new shit) and the gun does what it is supposed to do!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker 3/3/2020, 3:16 pm

Cranky, and others

Curious what ammo you are using with great success as far as cycling?  I've experienced 4th round fired case ( randomly ) hanging on extractor.  This has happened on a new SP that only has about 1.200-1,300  rounds though it and it has happen about 3-4 times.  I did speak with Alex today and he suspects variances in the OAL of the 0035 std. velocity CCI ammo that I've been practicing with.   He recommended shooting 200-300 rounds of a better quality ammo at a know short OAL.

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 3/3/2020, 4:47 pm

Dear Plunker:

I have had quite remarkable success with a lot of different ammos.  My major complaint has been that during cold weather, with a cold gun, shooting cold ammo, I have malfunctions when shooting in my indoor winter league.  Aguilla super extra and eley target are two brands that function perfectly in warm weather but do not deliver when the mercury takes a dip. 

My second concern is the wolf snot lubrication used on Wolf, SK, and Geco ammo. the ammo functioned perfectly but with the continuous reloading of magazines, the wolf snot transferred to the grip of the gun, the door handle, the steering wheel, and the flipper of the toilet.  Hard to remove even with a package of baby wipes.  

I have yet to experience problems with CCI SV although I am concerned with the recent reports of deficiencies in recently produced ammo and as such, continue to experiment with other ammo sources.  In remembrance of the great Obama ammo shortage, I have a good stockpile that I am determined to maintain but am concerned if my stockpile of CCI SV is match worthy. 

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker 3/3/2020, 5:05 pm

Cranky,

Thank you for your feed back.  I think removing extractor checking for any floating debris behind and or burrs /raised material is in order.
 My old SP  ( SN 00224 ) 1992 has always functioned flawlessly and shot any Std. Vol. ammo I feed it always cleaned the SP's every 300-400 rounds and mag.'s get the Q-Tip every 150-200 rounds.

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 3/9/2020, 2:41 pm

Spoke with Alex @ PUSA. First off, I am cleaning the gun way too much, he recommends monthly for my level of use (about 200 rounds per week). Next recommends a spot of oil on the lead of the very first bullet shot. Next he suggests the new Eley Bullseye Pistol X ammunition, which PUSA sells at $599/5000 or 59.90/500. I ordered a brick to try it.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by tray999 3/10/2020, 9:34 am

mikemargolis wrote:Spoke with Alex @ PUSA. First off, I am cleaning the gun way too much, he recommends monthly for my level of use (about 200 rounds per week). Next recommends a spot of oil on the lead of the very first bullet shot. Next he suggests the new Eley Bullseye Pistol X ammunition, which PUSA sells at $599/5000 or 59.90/500. I ordered a brick to try it.

Mike,

Tell me about the new Eley Bullseye Pistol X ammo.

Thanks.
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 3/10/2020, 9:40 am

tray999 wrote:

Mike,

Thanks.
All I know is Pardini USA tested it, and likes it better than everything else.

You might call there and ask them for details, as a google search came up empty, as did Eley's website.

For $0.119/round it's about what I was spending on SK Pistol Match Special and the Fiocchi 320 that I was using, and it's one third the price of the Tenex that I tried a couple boxes of.

For me, Alex's recommendation is worth my spending $70 to try 500 rounds.

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by tray999 3/10/2020, 12:16 pm

mikemargolis wrote:
tray999 wrote:

Mike,

Thanks.
All I know is Pardini USA tested it, and likes it better than everything else.

You might call there and ask them for details, as a google search came up empty, as did Eley's website.

For $0.119/round it's about what I was spending on SK Pistol Match Special and the Fiocchi 320 that I was using, and it's one third the price of the Tenex that I tried a couple boxes of.

For me, Alex's recommendation is worth my spending $70 to try 500 rounds.

Thanks Mike, 

I current shoot Eley Club, that my SP loves, so I will give Pardini USA a call and order a brick.   Price is basically the same price, so worth a try.....
tray999
tray999

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemargolis 3/10/2020, 5:18 pm

I shot a 300 point match last night. Starting with magazine 4 and putting a dot of gun oil on the first bullet in each magazine, the gun was flawless. Would that I performed as well as the gun!

mikemargolis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down