Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.22 EIC question

4 posters

Go down

.22 EIC question Empty .22 EIC question

Post by orpheoet 3/12/2020, 5:23 pm

I have 2 M107's. A Tournament, and a Supermatic. Is it EIC legal to put the longer barrel from the Tournament onto the Supermatic? Then I have the best of both worlds. Longer site radius and frame mounted rear sight….
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

.22 EIC question Empty Re: .22 EIC question

Post by James Hensler 3/12/2020, 5:45 pm

I have read and don’t se a single issue as long as the sight radius is not over 10 inches
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet 3/12/2020, 6:17 pm

My concern is that the barrel is not original to the gun however it was a catalog item at the time.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 3/12/2020, 6:39 pm

In my 27 years at Camp Perry in support of the High Standard Pistols, I have seen the Model 102 thru 107 Pistols with EVERY Type of barrel on the firing line or in my building. I beleive that there are NO restrictions on those models as they could have been ordered with any of the barrels. I beleive that factory replacement barrels are also OK. I have also seen aftermarket replacement barrels on the firing line ??? I am not sure that sight radius is even mentioned in the rules book after the Red Dot was Approved. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/12/2020, 6:44 pm

Hold on you are talking about EIC not Service pistol! There is not any rules like you are thinking
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 3/12/2020, 6:46 pm

alaronstein wrote:In my 27 years at Camp Perry in support of the High Standard Pistols, I have seen the Model 102 thru 107 Pistols with EVERY Type of barrel on the firing line or in my building. I beleive that there are NO restrictions on those models as they could have been ordered with any of the barrels. I beleive that factory replacement barrels are also OK. I have also seen aftermarket replacement barrels on the firing line ??? I am not sure that sight radius is even mentioned in the rules book after the Red Dot was Approved. - Alan Aronstein
Sir the dot are still not allowed in EIC and the 10 inch radius in mentioned 
They are only allowed in the 2700 part that is replacing the NRA
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 3/12/2020, 10:28 pm

I was sure that I was awake when I answered that post. I guess that  I was not. Sorry for the mistake.- Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 3/13/2020, 8:33 am

Just to clarify the OP, there is no restriction on replacing the barrel on a .22 EIC pistol.  There is a restriction on sights and sight radius.
4.1.6 22 Rimfire Pistols
Pistols used in CMP-Sanctioned 22 Rimfire National Trophy and EIC PistolMatches must comply with this rule. The following rules apply to these pistols:
a) The pistol may be either a semi-automatic pistol or a revolver.
b) The pistol must be chambered for .22 cal. rimfire long rifle cartridges.
c) The pistol may have asymmetrical, orthopedic or specially shaped grips.
d) The pistol may have only open sights. Optical sights are not permitted. The rear sight may be adjustable, but must have an open “U” or rectangular notch. Adjustable front sights are permitted, but extended front sights are not permitted. The total sight radius may not be more than  10.0 inches as measured from the rear surface of the rear sight to the highest point of the front sight.
e) The pistol must have a trigger pull of at least 2.0 pounds.
f) Any system of recoil control based on barrel venting, barrel porting or other similar recoil reduction system is prohibited.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down