Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Layoffs

+9
Colt711
Multiracer
zanemoseley
ted.carter.568
SteveT
machinist mike
messenger
REConley
Danehogle
13 posters

Go down

NRA Layoffs Empty NRA Layoffs

Post by Danehogle 3/23/2020, 11:01 pm

Not good.

https://www.newsweek.com/national-rifle-association-covid-19-wayne-lapierre-1493853
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

NRA Layoffs Empty Re: NRA Layoffs

Post by REConley 3/24/2020, 10:19 am

Yes not good and I fear it is much worse. If I remember the numbers correctly, there was $5 million of foreign contributions that the NRA raised for political donations. Whether intentional or accident the civil penalty normally is to remove that money from our political process, even if already expended. So someone will have to wright a $5 million check to the US Government or some foreign person. Since the NRA failed its legal responsibility to know your donor it looks like they are on the hook. Sad.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 3/24/2020, 11:32 am

Here is an idea. The board members have raised they're salary by 40% and Wayne has raised his by over 50%. Cut they're pay. I will not give the NRA one more dime until they clean up they're own house. Who do they think they are? 

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike 3/24/2020, 12:48 pm

Any more when I get any e-mails from the NRA, which seems to be 2 - 3 times a week, I just hit reply and send back, "Get my share from Lapierre!!!!!".  Requests received by mail are treated in a similar fashion except that I send the reply back in their pre addressed stamped envelope.  Might not make any difference, but it does make me feel better to vent a little.

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 3/24/2020, 5:27 pm

messenger wrote:Here is an idea. The board members have raised they're salary by 40% and Wayne has raised his by over 50%. Cut they're pay. I will not give the NRA one more dime until they clean up they're own house. Who do they think they are? 

Bill
+1
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by ted.carter.568 3/24/2020, 7:53 pm

messenger wrote:Here is an idea. The board members have raised they're salary by 40% and Wayne has raised his by over 50%. Cut they're pay. I will not give the NRA one more dime until they clean up they're own house. Who do they think they are? 

Bill

As an NRA Board Member, please let me clarify...The NRA Board of Directors does not earn a salary.  Not sure where that info ever originated from, but I'm happy to dispel that myth.

Also, Wayne, like other management just took a 20% pay reduction...Wayne did not raise his salary by over 50%.

Ted

ted.carter.568

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/24/2020, 8:12 pm

Who would have thunk it, incorrect info floating around the internet.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer 3/24/2020, 8:18 pm

ted.carter.568 wrote:

Bill

As an NRA Board Member, please let me clarify...The NRA Board of Directors does not earn a salary.  Not sure where that info ever originated from, but I'm happy to dispel that myth.

Also, Wayne, like other management just took a 20% pay reduction...Wayne did not raise his salary by over 50%.

Ted
So his salary dropped to 2.1 million ? Down from 2.7 ?

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 3/24/2020, 11:43 pm

Newsweek is certainly no friend of the firearms owner/user and any statements they make should be viewed with  a certain amount of reservation.

Ted C. thanks for your contribution, please address the accusation in the NW article that Mr. LaPierre's salary/comp was increased by 57% as recently  2018?

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 3/26/2020, 12:29 am

Colt711 wrote:
Ted C. thanks for your contribution, please address the accusation in the NW article that Mr. LaPierre's salary/comp was increased by 57% as recently  2018?
+1  As most know, there is a difference between total compensation and salary (salary is just one component of total compensation).  It is possible for a senior exec at major corporations and organizations to get a 57% increase in compensation and not get a 50+% increase in salary.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 3/26/2020, 11:42 am

joy2shoot wrote:
Colt711 wrote:
+1  As most know, there is a difference between total compensation and salary (salary is just one component of total compensation).  It is possible for a senior exec at major corporations and organizations to get a 57% increase in compensation and not get a 50+% increase in salary.

This distinction between the balance of total compensation and salary has relevance for the employee's tax liabilities but little else. If an employer pays one's $25K annual golf club dues directly verses adding $25K to the employee's check he is a member of the golf club either way and he saves some tax liability. If one's compensation went up 57%, one's employer is paying 57% more money.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 3/26/2020, 12:02 pm

REConley wrote:
This distinction between the balance of total compensation and salary has relevance for the employee's tax liabilities but little else.
It has to do with reporting. If one person is talking compensation and the other person is talking salary, they are not comparing apples to apples.  They both could be saying different % increases and both be right.

p.s. Given your example, it is my understanding the business must report that as compensation to the IRS and it becomes taxable income to the employee. (page 14 of Form 1120 instructions if you really want to know)

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot 3/26/2020, 12:43 pm

This is really boring!

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 3/26/2020, 2:14 pm

Olde Pilot wrote:This is really boring!
Percenatages and other statistics certainly can be boring, BUT awareness of what our opponents are up to and how the NRA handles its funds are NOT!

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/26/2020, 2:27 pm

I love it when non-profit CEO's make over a million a year, that's the number one way to ensure I never donate to that organization. There should be federal regulations capping the salary and total compensation to $100k per year, if you want to make more go work for a for profit company.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 3/26/2020, 3:39 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I love it when non-profit CEO's make over a million a year, that's the number one way to ensure I never donate to that organization. There should be federal regulations capping the salary and total compensation to $100k per year, if you want to make more go work for a for profit company.
You have to attract and keep top level talent.  Mr. LaPierre May or may not fit that description, but top talent is expensive.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 3/26/2020, 3:51 pm

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this so I will apologize if it is not. I am upset with the NRA especially Wayne. I feel that he is abusing his position for financial gain. Is Wayne really top talent? Now the NRA is backing John Velis for a Massachusetts congressman. He is for red flag laws. You have a problem with a neighbor. He knows you have guns. He says you are dangerous just because he doesn't like you. How many thousands of dollars are you going to have to spend to defend yourself and get your guns back. Who at the NRA makes these decisions? I am really worried. It only takes a few stupid people to ruin it for everybody else. If I am wrong, please, someone straighten me out.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 3/26/2020, 4:04 pm

Bill, every Red Flag law proposal I have read has a restricted list of individuals who can make a compliant (family member, employer, police, minister) then the government has to deem it valid and go before a Judge and convince him. In other words your neighbor can not file a complaint no matter how much you piss him off.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 3/26/2020, 4:08 pm

I just have a really bad feeling of how these red flag laws can be abused. Especially by the local government. Let's not forget the Fisa warrant abuse based on a known lie. Whether it's Federal, State, or local  government, corruption and abuse runs rampant. It always comes down to guilty till proven innocent.

Bill

Last edited by messenger on 3/26/2020, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 3/26/2020, 4:33 pm

The ink wasn't even dry on the law in Colorado and it was abused. Don't remember the specifics but the information I received was from National Association for Gun Rights.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 3/26/2020, 5:13 pm

Allen Barnett wrote:The ink wasn't even dry on the law in Colorado and it was abused. Don't remember the specifics but the information I received was from National Association for Gun Rights.
I believe the law was used to harass a law enforcement officer after he was cleared of wrongdoing in the shooting of the complainant’s son.  She had to falsify that she had an affair and a love child between her and the officer for them to act on the complaint.  Needless to say it blew up in her face.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 3/26/2020, 5:24 pm

REConley wrote:In other words your neighbor can not file a complaint no matter how much you piss him off.
 I hope the law also excludes people I piss off on the Internet.  Otherwise, I will be a lifer.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 3/26/2020, 5:30 pm

All someone has to do is say to the local authorities is that you threatened to shoot them and you are done. You have a safe full of AR's and a few thousand rounds of ammo and you will be painted a blood thirsty fanatic.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum