Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine woes

+20
REConley
Colt711
CR10X
Slartybartfast
1joel1
Asa Yam
machinist mike
Bmitch996
Aprilian
messenger
Axehandle
james r chapman
LenV
James Hensler
troystaten
Allen Barnett
Doug Tiedt
lablover
zanemoseley
Jwhelan939
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quarantine woes  - Page 2 Empty Quarantine woes

Post by Jwhelan939 Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone else have a new or new to them gun sitting somewhere that they can't get to because of the covid crap?

Thought it could be fun to see what people are waiting on. 

I have a new to me Pardini GT45 sitting in wait at my lgs. One of these weeks I'll be able to go free her!

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Quarantine woes  - Page 2 Empty Re: Quarantine woes

Post by CR10X Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Good reads: if you like Ringo and Weber
John Scalazi - Old Man's War series
Joe Haldeman Forever War and the follow up book.
March Up Country series by Weber is pretty good for filling in time.
Christopher Roucchio - Empire of of Silence series. He's working in NC now and I think he's the William Faulkner of Science Fiction at this time.
Have fun reading

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Slartybartfast,  Since I haven't actually shot this yet and you have,  is there a particular ammo it likes?

Thanks

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:02 am

Bmitch996 wrote:Slartybartfast,  Since I haven't actually shot this yet and you have,  is there a particular ammo it likes?
I've been quite undiscerning with my poly Q5 Match. I've been feeding it a mixed bag of factory ammunition and one local commercial reloader. Haven't had any ammo related issues with mine.

Put a DPM spring set in mine. Not sure that made any real difference.

My favorite ammo to shoot is:
https://www.tradeexcanada.com/content/9mm-luger-ammunition-147gr-fmj-centaure

My results are just as average no matter what I shoot, but I like the recoil feel of these.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt711 Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:13 pm

Axehandle wrote:"Custom Anschutz 1913 benchrest rifle"  is looking good!  My latest venture in that direction is a 1957 Winchester 52C and a 1955 BALVAR 6-24. Looks like I need to upgrade my bench! I need some Tenex too...
Quarantine woes  - Page 2 QAlKJ6A
Axe,

Nice to see a sweet lookin' vintage setup! Your 52 is reminiscent of the varmint rigs around when I first got into shootin' chucks etc. My 1st was a Douglas brl'd, bishop stocked '98 Mauser in 22-250. Then a wildcat it had a Canjar trigger unequaled by any I've handled since. Now rebarl'd (still 22-250) my son uses it. 

Haven't seen or heard the Balvar scopes mentioned in many yrs!  Enjoy it Axe!

Ron Habegger

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:51 am

Just got notice that my S&W 41 Clark build is on the way home. FedEx says Monday be home (zero issue there) to sign for it. In door ranges here are mostly open and my rifle range is also open. I know one of the ranges has a fresh air system for the range which would be better I think. OTOH I would prefer to use the rifle range but with all of the rain here it is mud and water walking out to the targets. I need two days of sun before I can go unless I want to get out a pair of wading pants and boots.  Smile
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:30 am

CR10X wrote:Good reads: if you like Ringo and Weber
John Scalazi - Old Man's War  series
Joe Haldeman Forever War and the follow up book.
March Up Country series by Weber is pretty good for filling in time.
Christopher Roucchio - Empire of of Silence series.  He's working in NC now and I think he's the William Faulkner of Science Fiction at this time.
Have fun reading
 Thanks for the tips! I will check out Christopher Roucchio. Have read the Scalzi and Haldeman books, loved them. The hyperion series by Dan Simmons is also very, very good.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:47 pm

Yes, Dan Simmons Hyperion Cantos is superb. I recommend reading Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Great time for satire, no?

Nac Mac Feegle approved.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Quarantine woes  - Page 2 Lori_s10
My wife was able to buy this Sig rifle just before the gun stores closed in NJ. I recently put iron sights on it, but am unable to get to the range to sight in the dot or the iron sights.

I also have rounds of .45 ACP to test with different bullet seating depths for better feeding.

Val
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by 45ACP223 Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:19 pm

zanemoseley wrote:I've been selling unused BE gear to fund this used custom Anschutz 1913 benchrest rifle, was built by the late Bill Myers. Has a custom milled sleeved action with integrated rail, Shilen coned breach barrel with tuner and custom bedded stock. Just put a 15-60x Vortex Golden Eagle scope on it with Kelbly rings.

Where I'm getting screwed by the current gun craze is the front rest. I bought a Sinclair competition front rest off GB 2 full weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I'm getting a bit antsy to say the least. I also need to get some Eley Tenex ordered so I can feed this thing.

Very nice!   I like the squared off action.  It should be a tack driver!   I went the other way, a Vudoo V22 repeater.   Still waiting to get out to try it out.
Attachments
Quarantine woes  - Page 2 Attachment
V22.Bravo Classis copy 2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(180 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
45ACP223
45ACP223

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Quarantine woes  - Page 2 Img_1310
I got this yesterday.  A like new model 17-3 with 8 3/8" barrel.  I think if I like the long barrel it's gonna be my indoor league gun next year.
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:16 pm

45ACP223 wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:I've been selling unused BE gear to fund this used custom Anschutz 1913 benchrest rifle, was built by the late Bill Myers. Has a custom milled sleeved action with integrated rail, Shilen coned breach barrel with tuner and custom bedded stock. Just put a 15-60x Vortex Golden Eagle scope on it with Kelbly rings.

Where I'm getting screwed by the current gun craze is the front rest. I bought a Sinclair competition front rest off GB 2 full weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I'm getting a bit antsy to say the least. I also need to get some Eley Tenex ordered so I can feed this thing.

Very nice!   I like the squared off action.  It should be a tack driver!   I went the other way, a Vudoo V22 repeater.   Still waiting to get out to try it out.

Vudoo is coming out with their own single shot bench rest receiver, should be our later this year.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 am

SMBeyer wrote:Quarantine woes  - Page 2 Img_1310
I got this yesterday.  A like new model 17-3 with 8 3/8" barrel.  I think if I like the long barrel it's gonna be my indoor league gun next year.

That's purrrdy!

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2