Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things keep getting worse for the NRA.

+5
Blackbird
BE Mike
zanemoseley
Toz35m
Mike38
9 posters

Go down

Things keep getting worse for the NRA. Empty Things keep getting worse for the NRA.

Post by Mike38 4/14/2020, 10:46 pm

I stumbled across this YouTube video just now. Things you do when you are stuck at home! I agree with many of this guy's opinions. The NRA is in serious trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj_0dcVTVv4
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Things keep getting worse for the NRA. Empty Re: Things keep getting worse for the NRA.

Post by Toz35m 4/15/2020, 9:15 am

I think the NRA has lost sight of what they should be focusing on.  They need new management and a fresh new charter.
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Things keep getting worse for the NRA. Empty Re: Things keep getting worse for the NRA.

Post by zanemoseley 4/15/2020, 12:56 pm

Their furlough strategy as its spelled out in that letter is not out of the ordinary for a corporation. Wayne could have bought himself a LOT of good will by surrendering his yearly salary & bonuses to help retain their employees. Let's face it Wayne could use some good will going his direction, his name has been dirt for some time. If he really cared about the NRA he would retire and let the organization be revitalized by fresh leadership.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 4/15/2020, 2:22 pm

I'm tired of white men with shaved heads, moustache and goatee, criticizing what they know little about. Actually, I'm just tired of the look. Maybe this dude should concentrate on his home state of Massachusetts and their draconian laws. I do agree that Wayne needs to turn over the reigns, but agree with zane that the letter sounds like a typical corporate reaction to the current situation and isn't out of line. These are unprecedented times. Criticism is easy. Getting something done is very, very hard.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbird 4/15/2020, 7:05 pm

The NRA used to promote the shooting sports, LE training, hunting/conservation, and hobbyists. The decreasing efforts in these areas has been incremental, but it is quite obvious now.

Mr. LaPierre has been far too long in and around the lobbyist subset of Washington, D.C. He has taken on many of the character tendencies and the "wink and nod" dealings that they are known for and has now applied them to NRA corporate governance. His back room dealings and networking are devolving the NRA into a fiscally in-bred morass of insider dealing and insider trading for personal and connected fiscal benefit for his cronies and himself.

Their political biases aside, the NY Times and Washington Post are correct in their fiscal investigations and critique of the NRA. If the NRA will not fix itself, it will have to be remediated by State's Attorneys General to bring the allegations before the Courts for possible indictment of LaPierre & company or collapse of its' own rot.

Blackbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 4/16/2020, 7:41 am

Toz35m wrote:I think the NRA has lost sight of what they should be focusing on.  They need new management and a fresh new charter.
WE NEED TO BE THE NRA.  Each member should vote as a shareholder in choosing who is their leader for a set term and elect a board of directors to create policy and priorities going forward.  The members have definitely been marginalized taking a backseat to politics.  While we need a voice in D.C. we also need a leadership that gets what is best for the membership without all the political rhetoric.  I support the Second Amendment but also realize there are opinions that need to be addressed without calling those who have them unpatriotic.  I hope I haven't offended.
Dave
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 4/16/2020, 10:18 am

Hello all,

The NRA's furlough policy is a corporate decision.  The timing was bad.  The optics was bad.  But many businesses, including my own, have been forced to make the same decision during the same time frame.

"Fixing" the NRA?  It's all a matter of motivation....

The New York Times, et. al., wants the NRA to go through a cleansing process so that the fiscal/membership upheaval that it would create will destroy the NRA.

We want the NRA to go through a cleansing process so that the organization returns to its roots as well as to continue to successfully fight for our rights.

I'm not interested in any process (or continuation of the establishment) that leaves us vulnerable to any destructive forces, whether internal or external.  My personal motivation, after decades of having my rights trampled on by the state of California, is solely "Second Amendment".

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 4/16/2020, 10:33 am

spursnguns wrote:We want the NRA to go through a cleansing process so that the organization returns to its roots as well as to continue to successfully fight for our rights.

I'd also like it to reflect the values of its membership - where the good of the whole is not subservient to the good of those in charge.   If it weren't for the competitions requiring membership, I wouldn't stay because of that, and Jim's, reasons.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 4/16/2020, 3:51 pm

Not that I want the NRA destroyed, but the NY Times opening the eyes of the NY AG is fine with me, IF, it results in the NRA getting back to its core mission of sponsoring the shooting sports, hunting and new gun owner programs.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down