Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Siz e or brightness of dot

3 posters

Go down

Siz e or brightness of dot Empty Siz e or brightness of dot

Post by toddcfii 5/3/2020, 10:46 pm

Competed in my first Bullseye Competition today. It seems like a brighter or larger dot is beneficial for rapid and times fire vs slow. Do the Masters adjust brightness or size between stages? If so are there any accepted guidelines? One size larger or two clicks brighter etc? Thanks.
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Siz e or brightness of dot Empty Re: Siz e or brightness of dot

Post by Ed Hall 5/4/2020, 7:56 am

I don't know about the "Masters" (smile), but this High Master prefers the same dot throughout, only adjusting if changes in lighting warrant it. I strive for consistency.  Having stated the above, there may just be an advantage to doing something that helps you keep your focus where you want it, especially if that is something that needs attention.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by toddcfii 5/4/2020, 8:42 am

Thanks for the reply. As a newbie I found that having a very small and not so bright dot helped me concentrate on the slow fire but that same dot was hard to reacquire during rapid fire. So I turned it up and that seemed to help. But probably with more practice it won’t make a difference?
toddcfii
toddcfii

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 5/4/2020, 9:26 am

I assume you are shooting out of doors, where direct sunlight will wash out both detail and contrast of the target. I would first try adding a polarized filter.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down