Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening

+2
JKR
JimTMich
6 posters

Go down

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Empty Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening

Post by JimTMich 5/4/2020, 8:29 pm

Well, allot of us are under lockdown orders forced to be at home.  You guys that haven't been locked down yet, keep shooting and posting, I'll keep up the data.

For those that are reduced to pellet guns, if you have sustained fire capability continue to post here as I have been doing.

There is a similar 10M air pistol group on the other web site that does a full ISSF 600 monthly.

We are also continuing here adding an ISSF 300pt slowfire match on B40 targets.

This website is all about Bullseye shooting so lets have a NRA Precision Pistol 300pt National Match Course.
Follow the NRA Precision Pistol Rules.
Shoot at any official distances with official targets or scale targets to make it basement friendly for pellet guns.

Week #12 is now open.  Shoot and post your score and information here on or before 5/10/2020.  At that time week #12 will close and week #13 will be open.
Everyone is welcome to join in.  No membership or enrollment needed.  Simply post your information.

Post the following information
Name or forum name:
Date:
Distance: 50/25yard, 25yard, 50 foot, 25 foot.....
Indoor/Outdoor:
Pistol:
Caliber:
Sights:
Shooting aids: (we're here because we like competition, if we need to deviate from the rules to continue to enjoy, please do so.  I would rather have someone with a shake shoot two handed and enjoy, than sit out.  We'll all be there sooner or later.)
Post a picture of the targets if you can.  It's fun to see.
Score Slow Fire:
Score Timed Fire:
Score Rapid Fire:

I'll summarize the results and post them weekly.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Looking forward to shooting with everyone.
Attachments
Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Attachment
Weekly NMC scores 2020.xls Data postedYou don't have permission to download attachments.(89 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by JimTMich on 5/14/2020, 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added data)

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Empty Re: Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening

Post by Guest 5/4/2020, 8:49 pm

Quick off the mark this week. This afternoon just felt good. Shot a full 2,700 with the SP22 & SARO first, then switched to the MG2. I did get interrupted during my second SF card of the 900, managed to recover my composure and shot quite nicely after that. Doubt that I can beat this NMC score as the week progresses!

RADJAG
NRA 50' targets shot at 45' outdoor.
MatchGun MG2 with 1"UD
Aguila Super Extra SV

SF - 98
TF - 99, 3x
RF - 100, 7x

NMC - 297, 10x

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening 04may210

Back to top Go down

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Empty Re: Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening

Post by JKR 5/5/2020, 5:37 pm

Radjag has given me something to shoot for!

Outdoor (25/50yd) I use a turner for all sustained fire.
Walther GSP
Agulia Super Extra
SF 95-2
TF 99-6
RF 100-7
NMC 294-13

Good NMC for me. I even put the dot on the Walther for this one. Still couldn’t quite catch Radjag. I love the competition!
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/5/2020, 5:55 pm

JKR.
You get the honors anyhow, shooting proper distances with a turner. Wish I had access to a proper range, but good practise anyhow. I have no problem getting the TF/RF strings off in time with the 22, but I'm currently really struggling with "chicken finger" in RF with the 45 - there's always something to fix!

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 5/5/2020, 6:10 pm

Notice I’m not posting any 45 scores either. But if you put yours up, so will I. 
As far as distance goes, I hate that little 50’ target! I’ll take the 50 yard target any time. So I figure the scores you’re shooting on that little guy are well earned. 
Good shootin’ Radjag!
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich 5/8/2020, 12:03 pm

Well I tried again with the Iron Sights.  Seems like everything I try makes it worse.  Tried shooting sub 6 instead of 6 o'clock because 6 o'clock was giving a white mirage at the top of the sights independent of if I was actually into the black or there was a sliver of white.  Sub 6 it's apparent I'm not able to hold a consistent white space between the sights and the bull.  tried putting 1.0 reading glasses on and that sharpened up the sights, but turned the bull into a complete fuzout... frustrated with the open sights.  Any insights would be appreciated. 
JimTMich
Steyr LP50
JBS 
Iron Sights
10M ISSF rules

Attachments
Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Attachment
issf 5 8 2020.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(85 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich 5/8/2020, 12:04 pm

Both of you guys are shooting extremely impressive scores!

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 5/8/2020, 1:20 pm

Jim,
263 is not so bad. Especially if you’re not used to irons. The AP Target isn’t very forgiving of triggering mistakes or improper sight alignment. 
It’s really important that you be able to focus sharply on the front sight. Use whatever visual aid that allows this. I use an adjustable aperture.
I like the sub six hold. In fact, I hold quite deep. Down near the bottom of the target. If I hold a tight six, I find myself trying to align with the bull instead of aligning my sights. This leads to “setting off” the shot. You can only focus on one thing. It must be the front sight. Hold that focus all the way through he shot. 
Easy to talk about this stuff but hard to truly learn it.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 5/8/2020, 3:11 pm

Jim,

I also have started shooting open sights only a couple of weeks ago, when I picked up the Air Pistol. I train a lot during the week, and shoot for score on weekends. What I have learned so far:
1. The fuzzy blob for a bull does not bother me - I shoot with prescription glasses on, and the only thing I am concerned with, is having the front sight in focus.
2. Sub-six hold seems to be optimal for precision shooting with iron sights - at least for me.
3. I will have to learn to hold my sights consistently in the same place on the white space below the bull. I think that this will come in time, as I develop the muscle memory.
4. Most important is to focus on the front sight and to maintain sight alignment. I have noticed that when I become concerned with sight picture - where on the target I am holding - the shots go every which way, including the 6 ring. When I am focused intently on sight alignment and I disregard exactly where on the target I am holding, the shots stay mostly within the wobble area, which is confined to the 9 ring. Occasionally, when I am holding too high or low in the white space, the shots wonder into the 8 ring. Now I have to train myself to ALWAYS focus on the front sight and sight alignment and to not worry about the sight picture.
5. Shooting the Air Pistol, follow-through is critical.

Now that I have acquired all of this wisdom, I need to put in countless hours of training to get in ingrained into subconscious. Then, I should be able to shoot decent scores! Laughing 

Best Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by DonBrummer 5/9/2020, 5:33 pm

Don Brummer
5/7
Distance: 29'
Indoor
Pistol: IZH-46M
Caliber: .177 (H&N finale match light pellets) 
Sights: Iron
Target 1- 90-1x
Target 2- 91
Target 3- 93
Aggregate - 274-1x
DonBrummer
DonBrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 5/9/2020, 7:39 pm

Oleg G.

Date:05/09/2020
Distance: 33 feet, Air Pistol B-40 Targets
Indoor
Pistol: Izh-46M
Caliber: .177
Sights: Iron Sights
Shooting aids: None
Target 1: 90
Target 2: 90
Target 3: 90
Total: 270

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening 05_09_10
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by thessler 5/10/2020, 2:05 pm

Tom Hessler 
IZH 46M
10 m Issf rules
Total 253

thessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 5/10/2020, 2:48 pm

My range finally opened! Not my best scores, but I'll take master level any time! All shots called, jerked the 8's on sustained to the right, maybe need a trigger position adjustment.

Dcforman
25 yards across the board, indoors
Matchguns MG2 6" Bullseye, 9000sc red dot
SF 93-0
TF 97-4
RF 97-4

287-8

Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Img_2019
Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Img_2020
Internet National Match Course League Week #12 - Covid 19 limited re-opening Img_2021

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down