Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order?

+7
straybrit
tovaert
Lefty
Jon Eulette
keithwwalker
zanemoseley
bpettet
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order? Empty Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order?

Post by bpettet Thu May 07, 2020 2:22 pm

First of all, big thanks to Jon Eulette and Kang Chua for answering my many questions about Matchguns.  I'm jumping into the next order of guns with a MG2 (standard not Bullseye).  It looked like Zane was on that order as well.  Who else is ordering and what are you getting?  From what I understand, there is time to get in on the order still if you've been on the fence.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order? Empty Re: Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order?

Post by zanemoseley Thu May 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Yeah I'm on the list. I've not asked Kang how many are left to fill the order since I got put on the list back in late December. This will be the last 22lr I get for a LONG time hopefully, already have a nice 1911 conversion, Hammerli 208S, Walther GSP and an upgraded Ruger MKIV. 

I was wondering if the COVID craziness will postpone the order and manufacturer of the pistols.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order? Empty Re: Who is getting in on the next Matchguns order?

Post by bpettet Thu May 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Kang told me yesterday they are nearing the minimum order threshold.  I didn't ask particulars but thought there could be room for others to join in if there is interest.  I defer to Jon and Kang on any of that of course.  

Which version are you getting Zane?  I looked at the BE version but both Jon and Kang prefer the standard version of MG2.  I considered a MG4 but want to try the MG2 first.  

I've got a couple of Hammerli 208, S&W 41, Colt Match Target, various Ruger MK pistols and now the MG2 on order.  I'm seriously looking at a GSP.  Haven't tried the Pardini yet.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Thu May 07, 2020 3:09 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm down for the standard MG2 mechanical. I've already got one of the nice rails from Slava you can see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye2QPUakVBw

I shoot GSP pretty well but don't like the forward weighting of it, also its 2 stage trigger is pretty good but not in the league of the 208S, could be the adjustments though. I also haven't gone down the Pardini rabbit hole either.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Thu May 07, 2020 3:52 pm

I saw that video and the quick loader one.  How do you get in touch with him for those?  Is there a website or online store?

Interesting comments on the GSP.  I shot a nice one recently and found it to be accurate in my first impression of it.  Both of my 208 are single stage not the S model so I don't have that frame of reference.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by keithwwalker Thu May 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Regarding MG4, what options are there?  .32ACP?  Is there an EVO option, or is that just MG2?
The prices are very good!

keithwwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Thu May 07, 2020 8:07 pm

The EVO is the latest version of the MG2. The previous edition is called the "Legacy" version.
They have some slight differences, but basically EVO uses one screw for take down vs 7 screws. 
I prefer the standard MG2 with mechanical trigger. The BE version has aluminum shroud with tungsten weights similar to the Pardini. I don't think they are necessary. The standard pistol recovers from recoil quite well.

MG4 is just MG4; no other options. Only in 32 Long from the factory. I'm making 32 acp conversions as we speak. Broke my custom finish reamer and am waiting on a new one currently.

Match Guns was closed down for the COVID 19 and just reopened. We are very close to placing the next order.

Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Thu May 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks Jon for clarifying details.  I have ordered the standard MG2 with mechanical trigger based upon your recommendations to me.  I am curious to hear more about the MG4 conversions you are working on as that work proceeds.  Matchguns is fortunate to have your assistance and warranty work here in the States.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2020 10:41 pm

I bought a used MG2 Legacy last year. I had some problems with it, but I have to say that the response and service from Kang and Jon was exemplary. They identified the problem and replaced the defective part with a new one (from one of Kang's personal guns I believe) at no charge. Really first class service.

I used my MG2 with iron sights in CMP EIC for a while, had a couple of good events, but then ran into difficulties, all of my own making I now realise. I tried a Rink grip, but I inadvertently ordered the wrong size, did not work. Then tried a Dick Horton custom grip, but, even after a lot of fiddling it does not seem to suit me. So, in desperation, I went back to the original Morini grip - when I first got the gun I had tried it and felt that it was too inclined for my wrist. But somehow I guess that my wrist has strengthened or changed and now it works OK. I do feel a bit of soreness after a 900, but no lasting pain. I put a UD back on the (Slavka made) rail and since then I have tried to shoot one 900 with my Pardini and another with the MG2 on the same day if I have time. The scores are almost identical. I was using mostly Aguila SE SV  in both guns for practise, no problems. But the MG2 does not like the Aguila Pistol Match I've recently acquired. I have a feeling that the MG2 absorbs the recoil from the fairly strong SE SV in TF/RF better than the Pardini SP22 (surprising considering the built in recoil dampers in the SP22), but I now intend to test various different brands of ammo in the MG2 to find the one that is best suited.

Overall, I think that both the Pardini and the MatchGuns are excellent target pistols. Very hard to choose a winner between them. Buy both!

P.S. Jon, hurry up with my 32ACP will ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Fri May 08, 2020 12:29 am

I'm ordering an MG4; I figure I can use it for ISSF centerfire and get into BE as well. Can't wait for the gun or for the BE matches re-start at the Dallas Pistol Club.

Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Fri May 08, 2020 9:05 am

I ordered the MG2 EVO (standard). Now I'm thinking I also need a MG4 in .32ACP.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri May 08, 2020 11:14 am

I will say that Jon's work on the 32 ACP conversion is really interesting.  I'm very interested to see where it goes.  One thing I haven't asked about is how often these orders tend to be placed?  Is it once or twice a year?  That might influence whether I add the MG4 to this order or feel like I can wait awhile.  

Lefty, we should meet sometime.  I'm in Roanoke near the racetrack.  I need to get to the Dallas Pistol Club matches.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Fri May 08, 2020 11:17 am

I think the last batch was delivered late last year, we likely won't see this order till late Summer or even Fall. If you don't get in on this order it could easily be Summer 2021 till you get another chance.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Good to know Zane.  Thanks.  I might add the MG4 to my order.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Fri May 08, 2020 2:56 pm

Look forward to meeting you bpettete, as soon as the plague allows.

Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit Sat May 09, 2020 8:35 pm

Just added my name on the MG4 list. I'll be getting the barrel conversion from Jon as well. Hopefully, with Italy staggering slowly out of lockdown we'll be able to order this summer. Wouldn't shock me if it was much later though.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Sat May 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Excellent.  Do you have a MG2?

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit Sat May 09, 2020 8:42 pm

I sort of do. I'm buying a legacy one from a friend - but it needs a new sear and the factory one doesn't fit so Jon is fixing the old one for me. Now I just have to wait for a safe opportunity to actually get the MG2 - both parties to the transaction have spouses that are in the 'insanely high' risk category for the pandemic so neither of us are taking any risks. It's going to be a looong summer.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Sat May 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Wow...well congrats on getting into the Matchguns.  I'm excited to order one.  Pondering if I order one or both.

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by straybrit Sat May 09, 2020 8:53 pm

Personally I would order both. I came very close to ordering an EVO and leaving the legacy with iron sights for CMP and international but I winced at the thought of the extra cost. Also the 'spousal feedback' from 3 new target guns appearing on the roster would have been 'exciting'.

straybrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Anschutz5430 Fri May 15, 2020 10:26 pm

I just joined the forum and I’m interested in ordering an MG2. Could someone provide the contact information for getting on the order list. Thanks!

Anschutz5430

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Fri May 15, 2020 10:40 pm

Reach out to Kang at this email MatchGunsUSA@hotmail.com

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon May 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Wonder how many pistols left till they fill the order. I just sold the remainder of my GSP items which will help pay for my new MG2.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Mon May 18, 2020 7:59 pm

Good question.  I can ask Jon if he knows.

Zane, I thought maybe you might go for the MG4 also.  Tempted at all?

bpettet

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon May 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Nope just got out of the 32 s&w game. Plus I still gotta pay off the 1911/38sp custom pistol Jon is making and pay for the MG2. Oh yeah and I gotta take the family somewhere nice on vacation after this crap blows over. Maybe if I really like the MG2 and Jon gets the 32acp shooting laser beams I might consider it.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next