Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is a CZ 75B any good?

+5
DA/SA
Wobbley
sbtzc
PhotoEscape
BruceB
9 posters

Go down

Is a CZ 75B any good? Empty Is a CZ 75B any good?

Post by BruceB 6/2/2020, 3:42 am

Does anybody have any experience with a CZ 75B?  The reviews I can find indicate that it is "really accurate", but they all seem to be from the defensive carry crowd, which has a much different idea of accuracy than Bullseye.  I'm not looking for it to be competitive accuracy, but I do like to have guns that are capable of at least hitting the black at 50 yards, even if I'm not.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for any input!

Bruce

BruceB

Back to top Go down

Is a CZ 75B any good? Empty Re: Is a CZ 75B any good?

Post by PhotoEscape 6/2/2020, 3:01 pm

Out of the box with DA controls, - probably not.  After converted to SA with straight flat trigger and other control parts, - definitely!

That is IMHO.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 6/2/2020, 6:38 pm

I have a CZ 75 single action. It took a lot of $$$ for parts from CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works and more $$$ for gunsmith fitting. It will hold the black at 25 yards sand bag rested. It ain't no 1.5" gun at 50.

However, it is a joy to shoot. Fantastic for steel challenge.

For bullseye, get a .45acp - jmho
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceB 6/2/2020, 7:11 pm

"joy to shoot" clinches it!  It doesn't need to be a tack-driver, I shake so much these days that I need a sledge hammer to hit a tack.  I just like having something reasonably accurate just so I know who to blame for the shot-gun pattern on the target  As for 45's, I do have a couple; a 70 series Gold Cup that I bought eons ago and my dad's Govt. issue that he modified and used for bullseye in the 60's.  He bought that gun through the NRA for $17.50 and that included the Govt. holster!  The CZ isn't that cheap, but cheap enough that I can spend some money on it and still not suffer from sticker shock.

Thanks for the help!

Bruce

BruceB

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 6/2/2020, 7:39 pm

“ Bullseye accurate”? No, probably not. Accurate enough to make a big but satisfying group at 15 yards? Yes. They’re good guns. Reliable and shoot decent.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 6/2/2020, 8:21 pm

Here's my CZ85 Combat (Same as 75, but with adjustable rear sight, ambi controls, and adjustable trigger stop) at 20 yards on a 50 foot slow fire target with nothing more than a barrel bushing and factory 115 grain junk aluminum cased ammo. (Two hand shooting) 

It doesn't seem to care what ammo you put through it. It's just fun to shoot, but has a weird trigger by comparison.

I've never benched it, but I may have to some day just to see.

Is a CZ 75B any good? CCLktUul

Is a CZ 75B any good? AjZdb5Bl
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 6/2/2020, 9:19 pm

The CZ75B SA has a very different trigger, which works reasonably well for bullseye. It's a straight blade with a little hook at the end, and it's reasonably crisp with the SA's hammer and sear. The biggest complaint I have with mine is the long reset, which is basically designed-in. In timed and rapid it feels like swinging a pendulum.

But, I agree it's a joy to shoot, and feels good in the hand. I got a Kadett .22 adapter for it which shoots quite tightly, but gets light strikes when using the stock mainspring. I tried a different hammer, with some success, but I'm still searching for a spring which works for both 9mm and .22.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by neal77 6/3/2020, 12:03 am

I have been carrying a CZ 75compact for the last four years. Combat/defensive accurate, yes, bullseye no. I have replaced the barrel bushing with a CGW 10X bushing, installed a stainless steel guide rod and aluminum CGW grips, along with a MCARBO floating trigger pin and spring kit. It  still will not shoot with my 1911's that I also carry, though I don't expect it too for the difference in price. It shoots anything I feed it, and it's all steel! I just don't like plastic guns.

neal77

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La 6/3/2020, 1:49 am

sbtzc wrote: It ain't no 1.5" gun at 50.
The best rested group from mine CZ75 SP-01 was 1.75" at 50m. Average rested groups 2"-2.5". Shot plenty of mid-high 90s on slow fire outdoor 50yrd and many clean targets on TF-RF at 25yrd.
With CZ 97B (45ACP) i have similar and may be a touch better scores sometimes.
From the factory form they need ~$300 trigger upgrades to get there, but still for total of less than $1300 you get a gun shooting better that 2-3times more expensive 1911s.
Half of our BE club switched to CZs and very happy. They all were 1911 crowd before.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 6/12/2020, 1:53 am

The CZ 75 is an excellent gun. A Cajun trigger will pull too light for service pistol. CZ 75 is my second favorite pistol. In terms of combat accuracy and reliability there is none better. With a 1911 style bushing they will hold the 50 Yard 9 ring maybe the ten ring. But it's not BE gun but for short line or gallery course it could be good. I heard the 87 is more accurate and the P9 too. Stock 75's are better than stock 226, Barettas, Brownings. If you have one by all means shoot it for BE because the 2600 club is small and by all means the goal is to have fun. Certainly if you were considering a Pardini, a 87 will do everything the Pardini does but cheaper and better. My only criticism is no one seems to make decent iron sights that will work for a sub 6 hold for 50 yards.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceB 6/12/2020, 7:30 am

My thanks to everybody for all of the positive information on the CZ!  Unfortunately, I've given up on contacting the seller of the gun I came across and assume he has sold it.  Meanwhile, my wife said that she really liked the looks of a S&W model 29.  Obviously not a BE gun at all, but I'm not going to argue when she sees a gun she likes, and ordered one just to keep her happy. Smile  Thanks to your input on this, the CZ is now at the top of my short list.

BruceB

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceB 6/12/2020, 10:13 pm

By the way, DA/SA, both your CZ and your target are darn nice looking!

BruceB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down