Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet National Match Course League Week #17

5 posters

Go down

Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Empty Internet National Match Course League Week #17

Post by JimTMich Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:08 am

This website is all about Bullseye shooting so lets have a NRA Precision Pistol 300pt National Match Course.
Follow the NRA Precision Pistol Rules.
Shoot at any official distances with official targets or scale targets to make it basement friendly for pellet guns.
Week #17 is now open.  Shoot and post your score and information here on or before 6/14/2020.  At that time week #17 will close and week #18 will be open.
Everyone is welcome to join in.  No membership or enrollment needed.  Simply post your information.

Post the following information
Name or forum name:
Date:
Distance: 50/25yard, 25yard, 50 foot, 25 foot.....
Indoor/Outdoor:
Pistol:
Caliber:
Sights:
Shooting aids: (we're here because we like competition, if we need to deviate from the rules to continue to enjoy, please do so.  I would rather have someone with a shake shoot two handed and enjoy, than sit out.  We'll all be there sooner or later.)
Post a picture of the targets if you can.  It's fun to see.
Score Slow Fire:
Score Timed Fire:
Score Rapid Fire:

I'll summarize the results and post them weekly.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Looking forward to shooting with everyone.

For those that are reduced to pellet guns, if you have sustained fire capability continue to shoot a NMC with pellet pistol and post here as I have been doing.

We are also continuing here adding an ISSF 300pt slowfire match on B40 targets.
Attachments
Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Attachment
Weekly NMC scores 2020.xls Data postedYou don't have permission to download attachments.(119 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by JimTMich on Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attached data)

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Empty Re: Internet National Match Course League Week #17

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:39 am

JimTMich, sorry to hear that you are having thread storage problems - hope that the Admins can help you.

I told JKR that I would attempt to shoot a decent CF score this week. Here is one - trying some new ammo - not yet sure about 50 yards, but it is OK at my current short range.

RADJAG
10Jun20
NRA 50' targets shot at 45' 
Outdoor - sun, but very blustery strong wind
Pardini HP 5" with 1" UD
Fiocchi 32ACP SJHP factory ammo

SF - 97
TF - 97, 2x
RF - 99, 3x
NMC - 293, 5x

Internet National Match Course League Week #17 10jun210

Back to top Go down

Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Empty Re: Internet National Match Course League Week #17

Post by JKR Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Radjag,
My cf score was shot at 25 yards using the reduced B-16 target for slow fire. At this time, I have no decent shooting ammo for 50 yards. The pistol is a sweetheart at 25 though!

Walther GSP/dot
50/25 yd turning target
SF 94-3
TF 98-4
RF 99-4
NMC 291-11

Center Fire
Benelli MP 90/dot
Lapua 100 grain wadcutter
SF 97-1
TF 98-4
RF 99-6
NMC 294-11

45/dot
SF 89-4
TF 94-3
RF 93-5
NMC 276-12

JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:21 pm

How many targets are required to compete?  Three?
Any caliber?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:37 pm

Welcome Mike. We are shooting a 300 point national match course. 1 slowfire. 1 timed fire and one rapid fire. We have people shooting indoors at 50’ as well as outdoor at 50 yard slowfire/ 25yard timed and rapid. Some are also shooting reduced slowfire at 25 yards. There are many different targets available to accommodate different range lengths. Targets are all scaled so we should all be on a level playing field except for the wind factor. Feel free to submit entries with multiple calibers. We’ll record 22, center fire and 45. Let us know if you have further questions.
Jim

Radjag practices a 900 point match weekly so we record the 300 point national match course out of the middle of it. We enjoy seeing his full 900 so he posts the picture of everything.

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by rburk Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Had my best indoor practice score today, with my 22.

rburk

6/11/20
50 foot indoor range, no turning targets
Model 41
dot sight

Slow fire = 95
Timed fire = 98
Rapid fire = 96

NMC total = 289

rburk

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm

JimTMich wrote:Welcome Mike.  We are shooting a 300 point national match course.  1 slowfire. 1 timed fire and one rapid fire.  We have people shooting indoors at 50’ as well as outdoor at 50 yard slowfire/ 25yard timed and rapid.  Some are also shooting reduced slowfire at 25 yards.  There are many different targets available to accommodate different range lengths.  Targets are all scaled so we should all be on a level playing field except for the wind factor.   Feel free to submit entries with multiple calibers.  We’ll record 22, center fire and 45.  Let us know if you have further questions. .....
OK, so ideally, I should shoot at a standard 50 yard target (I forget the designation), then a B-8 repair center for timed fire and rapid fire.
I assume if there is any malfunction, I will essentially "stop the timer in my brain", clear the malfunction, then continue to shoot.
If I understand correctly, you want three targets from 45, center fire, and 22.  That means 9 targets in all.  And I assume I can use 45 for center fire.
.....and when I'm done, I should send you photos of the 9 targets, and the scores?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

No Mike. It is one NMC (a 300 point national match course.  1 slowfire. 1 timed fire and one rapid fire) each week. Any caliber, any distance - on the appropriate target - indoor or outdoor. It is not a competition, just a way to practise and test yourself.

Don't worry too much about malfunctions (Alibi's) just try to shoot your Timed and Rapid strings as close to the correct pace as you can.

I routinely shoot full 900's and can get all 9 50' targets on one frame at my local range, hence my picture is usually of all 9 targets, but only my NMC (down the right side) counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:58 pm

Aha!   Understood.  Three targets, as you just explained.     :-)
This coming Saturday I'll set up three B-8 targets at 25 yards, and shoot slow, timed, and rapid fire with whichever gun I bring with me Saturday, most likely my 45.  Thanks - sounds like fun!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:05 am

Great to have you join us Mike. If you’re shooting it all at 25 yards, you should be using the B-16 target for slow fire. Use the B-8 for timed and rapid.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:27 am

Mike, I usually shoot at 50' so I don't have the targets on the tip of my tongue for 50 yard, but looks like B-6 at 50 yards for slow fire and B-8 at 25 yards for timed and B-8 at 25 yards for rapid.

I use B2 at 50 feet for slow fire and B3 at 50 feet for timed and rapid.

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:31 am

Bullseye - my club uses B-8 repair center targets for everything at 25 yards, and the same target but with the 8-ring colored black at 50 yards.   It's easier for my brain to deal with just one target.  Hopefully a score on a B-8 can be converted to what it would have been on a different target.

I was going to start shooting my Taurus PT92-AFS tomorrow, just for fun, but I'll start by shooting the three targets with my 45. Since I usually compete at my club using only my 22, I ought to use that for this competition, but I'm really enjoying shooting the 45.  

I may shoot two sets of targets, one set two handed, and one set one-handed.  I'm trying to build up my strength in my right arm to shoot one-handed with the 45.  In all my club matches, I use the 22, one handed.

I'll shut up now, and let this discussion go back to the match.  Hopefully I'll have an entry by tomorrow afternoon.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:49 pm

I got to the range this morning, Saturday, and it was more crowded than usual.  Shooting at 50 yards for slow fire was my plan, but I got to shoot three B-8 Repair Center targets all at 25 yards.   To make it more interesting, I played the Bullseye Recording sounds on my phone, so I got the timing right.  I've never shot the 45 before as "rapid fire"; that was an experience!!!!  You're right - it's a good way to practice things I otherwise haven't been doing.  I guess I'll enter in the future E-Matches.    :-)

I had to correct my score for Rapid Fire, as one of the holes showed up on the Timed Fire target.

Total is 247 and 3X.

Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Img_4110
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Nice job Mike. It’s hard to finish raggid fire in 10 seconds with the 45 even with light target loads.

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:09 pm

No kidding!  I've never done it before with a 45, and I guess I need to learn how to get the gun back down where it belongs more quickly, or better yet, maybe prevent it from going up so high.  Even the "slow fire" target seemed more difficult today.  My wobble increases when there are actual rounds in the gun, and it seems to increase even more if I'm shooting a target I intend to score.  

(I came so, so close to shooting two handed, but when I do that, I feel like I'm "cheating".  But if I want to go home from the range in a good mood, I will usually shoot at least one target two-handed, so I get to smile.)

So starting Monday (or Sunday??) we have another match?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Mike - it is not a "match".

We try to shoot a "National Match Course" of fire and post it each week. It is not a competition - except against yourself (or between JKR and I Smile Very Happy Laughing). So, yes, it starts again on Monday.

I've read all of the advice and opinion about the value of dry firing, and I know the Olympic Champions and some High Masters swear by it, but they are working on fine detail rather than just getting familiar with the basics. IMHO, there is nothing like actually shooting to improve your basic gun handling and strength, particularly when it comes to managing the recoil of a 45 (or, even worse, a very snappy 9mm). So just keep hammering away, shoot as much as your body and wallet can handle. Learn the cadence of the range commands, how to breathe, when to lift the arm/gun, then get that first shot off crisply is the key to Rapid Fire. Needs A LOT of practise.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:30 pm

radjag wrote:.........I've read all of the advice and opinion about the value of dry firing, and I know the Olympic Champions and some High Masters swear by it, but they are working on fine detail rather than just getting familiar with the basics. IMHO, there is nothing like actually shooting to improve your basic gun handling and strength, particularly when it comes to managing the recoil of a 45 (or, even worse, a very snappy 9mm). So just keep hammering away, shoot as much as your body and wallet can handle. Learn the cadence of the range commands, how to breathe, when to lift the arm/gun, then get that first shot off crisply is the key to Rapid Fire. Needs A LOT of practise.

To me, it's two things - organized/controlled practice, and also a match with one competitor, myself, from "last time". 

Maybe I'm "slow", or "dense", or "oblivious to the obvious", and maybe what you wrote up above should be posted in a prominent place in the Bullseye Encyclopedia.  Keith Sanderson, taught me in his videos that for every shot of "live fire", I should do 100 rounds of "dry fire".  I now feel that I could shoot 10,000 rounds of dry-fire tonight, and when I go to the range my "rapid fire" results would be just like what I did today.  Dry-fire DID teach me how to manipulate the trigger without disturbing the gun, but it leaves out all the stuff you just described.

I've never shot 45 at a "rapid fire" pace, only 22.   For all my matches at my local club, I've shot 22.  I practiced and trained myself to where I can get through 22 Rapid Fire sessions OK (as long as my hand doesn't get tired).  I guess I should start practicing strings of 5 rounds rapid fire with the 45. 

It's late, and I'm tired, and I need to get to sleep.  I'll order another 2,000 #801 bullets from Terry (Magnus), and I'll stick with the 45.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:25 am

Ok, shot this Friday, just getting around to posting.

Dave
6/12/2020
All at 25 yards
Matchguns MG2 6" Bullseye
9000sc

Slow:95-1
Times: 97-6
Rapid: 99-3

Total 291-10

Not a bad day of shooting! I'd like that 8 back in timed. Rapid was shot over the timed on the same target.

Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Img_2030Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Img_2031Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Img_2032

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Finally getting around to posting my scores
JimTMich
Marvel/Kimber 22/Sightron red dot
Outdoor 50'
slow:87
timed:95-4
rapid:96-3

Springfiled/Kart/slide mounted Sightron red dot
50' outdoor - need to try the 50 yard range - scoring these targets was estimation at best
Slow:93
timed:95-5
Rapid:94-0
Attachments
Internet National Match Course League Week #17 Attachment
nmc 6 14 2020.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(65 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:01 pm

And with that, I'll finally attache the scores in the first post.

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Good to see you’re outside burning powder again. Wish I could outshoot my 22 with my 45!
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down