Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do when you just can’t get a good break?

+18
TonyH
thessler
Dcforman
bpettet
Arthur
bruce martindale
straybrit
robert84010
chopper
Jack H
Jon Eulette
john bickar
Ed Hall
mikemyers
CR10X
spaatz1644
DA/SA
Wobbley
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What to do when you just can’t get a good break? - Page 3 Empty What to do when you just can’t get a good break?

Post by Wobbley Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Went out to the range today to continue thru the USMC workbook.  I’m at the stage where I need to get 2 consecutive ten shot strings in the ten ring....

Started with the 22....first shot was a ten....second shot was a ten...then I had two consecutive bad breaks...start over...bad break, bad break....ten ten Bad break.... ended up shooting 50 shots and 40% were bad breaks....

Shot some 45...first shot was a ten..another ten... and then the bad breaks came in bunches...I wasn’t flinching they were just bad shots.  Confirmed no zero shift on my new batch of reloaded ammo and went home.

Frustrating.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

What to do when you just can’t get a good break? - Page 3 Empty Re: What to do when you just can’t get a good break?

Post by CR10X Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:05 am

Not physical ability, but it is using the ability you have to achieve the best results. 

My description:  On the way in (to) the best wobble area.  Anything after that will probably be too late or the wobble will be getting bigger.  The wobble might waver into the center several times, but generally the first "moving toward the center and hovering" will be the longest.  After that the dwell time will get shorter and the excursions will get bigger.  No use hanging on and trying to snatch a good shot off, when you can just start over for slow fire.   

John might describe it another way.  

Lones Wigger (rifle shooter) said "shot the first 10 you see".  

Different words for mostly the same thing. 

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3