Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor red dot mount pattern

5 posters

Go down

Doctor red dot mount pattern Empty Doctor red dot mount pattern

Post by Jwhelan939 Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:16 pm

I have a Pardini gt45 that came with a Doctor 7.5 moa reflex dot. I'm not a huge fan of relex sights, but mainly I hate larger size dots. I really prefer a 2 moa. Does anyone know which dots will work on a Doctor pattern mount? Any tube style? Ty for your time. Don't know a ton about mount patterns.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Doctor red dot mount pattern Empty Re: Doctor red dot mount pattern

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:45 pm

Vortex Venom (and probably several other Vortex sights), Burris Fastfire, most of the cheap Chinese micro red dots. The Docter (note correct spelling) became the de facto standard for micro red dots back in the day - hence the Chinese (and many others) just copied their pattern. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by AHI Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:49 pm

hear you go
[url=https://www.egwguns.com/pub/media/custom/Scope Mount List Final.pdf]https://www.egwguns.com/pub/media/custom/Scope%20Mount%20List%20Final.pdf[/url]

AHI

Jwhelan939 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:07 pm

AFAIK, there are no "tube type" red dots that will fit directly on to a "Docter" mount plate. The basic reason being that the mounting screws have to be inserted from the top of the sight - only works with the micro-reflex style sights.

That is one of the reasons why I gave up on (a large collection of) Vortex Venoms when I moved over to Bullseye. The other over-riding reason being that my eyes do not like micro reflex sights, every one that I've tried star-bursts for me.

However. It is possible to buy/make a short Picatinney style rail that sits on top of (or even replaces) the Docter mount and then any of the micro-tube sights that come with picatinney mounts fit straight on. e.g.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020075719?pid=904631
However, that does of course lift the axis of the tube sight up significantly higher than the axis of the Docter sight.

Of course, in the case of a GT45 (and Jwhelan you know that I know your gun) you can buy at least two different Pardini OEM mounts that will accommodate tube type sights - kah ching$$$ lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Doctor red dot mount pattern 8258e010
This is a Burris FastFire 3 on a S&W 745.  The wide shots were called.  It holds up well.  I have another on my S&W 52.  2MOA dots.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Jwhelan939 and Delta1507 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Of course, in the case of a GT45 (and Jwhelan you know that I know your gun) you can buy at least two different Pardini OEM mounts that will accommodate tube type sights - kah ching$$$ lol![/quote]

Haha, the mounts from Pardini cost as much as a new dot! And they won't sell just the rail anymore. They require you to send them the slide. Trying to figure out how much I want to invest. I have a vortex and a venom in the safe. I may give them a try.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta1507 Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:35 am

I just joined this forum. I have a S&W 745 and would like to mount a red dot on it, similar to how Wobbley has posted with the photo above.  I am bit confused as to how to get the red dot mounted.  The forum will not allow me to message Wobbley to ask what mount worked for Wobbley’s red dot sight.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can contact Wobbley directly or have advice as to how to mount the red dot? Thank you.

Delta1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:35 am

I “cobbled” a 1911 mount from Burris.  The plate had a concave so I filled it with steel filled JBWeld after scratching the underside of the plate.  The dovetail adapter was from a couple of spares Burris sold me as separate parts,  I had to fit one.  Now the fit is a loose but good fit.  I do know that 745s has a variety of sights.  So your sight adapters may be different than mine.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Delta1507 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta1507 Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:16 pm

Thank you for your input.  Much appreciated.  I inherited the S&W 745 from my father. It is a 10-yr anniversary edition.  Was not stored with much TLC by my dad.  Getting it cleaned up, serviced, and planning to put a Trijicon SRO on it.  Think it will be a great gun for the range.  I will keep you posted!

Delta1507

Back to top Go down

Post by JHHolliday Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:12 pm

Is the iron sight in a dovetail?  If so maybe try contacting EGW to see if they have a Docter plate for a reflex sight

https://www.egwguns.com/pistol-and-red-dot-mounts/?brand=766
JHHolliday
JHHolliday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down