Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith

4 posters

Go down

12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith Empty 12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith

Post by smsnyder 8/4/2020, 1:59 pm

Sent a pistol into smith and wesson  for minor repair They told me 8 to 12 week wait to get it back. Trying to buy parts or get gun work is  like impossible today. Futhermore, ammo is sold out every were. Sporting good shelves are also out of guns. Months and months wait to order some guns.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith Empty Re: 12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith

Post by chopper 8/5/2020, 11:04 am

Patience, you might know, it's a election year.
Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith Empty Re: 12 week wait or longer to get pistol back for repair at Smith

Post by BE Mike 8/6/2020, 9:09 am

Besides gun owners fearing an anti-gun legislature, as well as, presidency after November, there is something called a pandemic going on and there is civil unrest. Some companies have had to slow production, others have had to stop production and some companies are went out of business. Unemployment is extremely high. First time gun buyers are clearing the shelves and causing back orders of guns, ammo and reloading components. All this on top of a crime wave. This is a good time to support your favorite pro-gun organization(s) and political candidates.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 8/6/2020, 9:28 am

smsnyder wrote:Sent a pistol into smith and wesson  for minor repair They told me 8 to 12 week wait to get it back. Trying to buy parts or get gun work is  like impossible today. Futhermore, ammo is sold out every were. Sporting good shelves are also out of guns. Months and months wait to order some guns.

I had to send a 41 back for a warranty repair, magazine safety failed on month old pistol. This was in January 2020 and CS rep said they would expedite the work. It took six weeks. 

Twelve today does not sound unusually long considering who you are dealing with.

OTOH, I got feed up with S&W, sent the pistol to CCG for a complete rebuild and new barrel and 4 1/2 weeks later it was back.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down