Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accurate Barrel for Beretta 92FS

+2
DeweyHales
MarcW
6 posters

Go down

Accurate Barrel for Beretta 92FS Empty Accurate Barrel for Beretta 92FS

Post by MarcW Fri Mar 01 2013, 08:15

BLUF: Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of another very accurate barrel for a Beretta 92FS besides the KKM barrel for a gunsmith to fit? (I would assume it has a lot to do with the twist rate)

I talked with KKM barrels 2 months ago and he said they would be making more in 2 months. Just called back and got the same story (best guess is will be making more in 2 months) - you and I both know what that does to credibility. So rather then continue to wait for an undefined period for something to maybe become available, I thought I would check if anyone knew of an alternate. Thank you for any insight.

MarcW

Back to top Go down

Accurate Barrel for Beretta 92FS Empty Re: Accurate Barrel for Beretta 92FS

Post by DeweyHales Fri Mar 01 2013, 09:11

I wish I knew, but KKM is the gold standard. I have two, and they are superb. If you find a good one, please let us all know.

You may get better results using the 124 or 125 with a standard twist. I have one factory Beretta that I fired at Perry my first trip. My slows were in the high 80s.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Fri Mar 01 2013, 09:49

Bar Sto barrels are very accurate. The Kidd Beretta I used to own had a Bar Sto barrel. It shot sub 2" groups from the Ransom Rest with 115 grain FMJ.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:09

My KKM shoots 2" groups at 50.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:59

Orionsic wrote:My KKM shoots 2" groups at 50.
I'm sure that the KKM barrels are great, but I think that the OP was asking for an alternative to the KKM barrels, since they are hard to get right now.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Fri Mar 01 2013, 11:02

Have you tried brownnels for the KKM, they also sell the barsto and others.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Sun Mar 03 2013, 10:56

BE Mike wrote:
Orionsic wrote:My KKM shoots 2" groups at 50.
I'm sure that the KKM barrels are great, but I think that the OP was asking for an alternative to the KKM barrels, since they are hard to get right now.

2" groups are worth the wait.
Orion
Orion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/oriondarley/

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcW Sun Mar 03 2013, 12:14

Gentlemen,
First I would like to thank you for your experience, knowledge and wisdom thus far. And given your generosity , if I may ask a few clarifications and follow-up questions please:

1)
DeweyHales wrote:I wish I knew, but KKM is the gold standard. I have
two, and they are superb. If you find a good one, please let us all
know.

You may get better results using the 124 or 125 with a
standard twist. I have one factory Beretta that I fired at Perry my
first trip. My slows were in the high 80s.
Question: What is the twist on the factory Beretta barrel and does anyone know the twist in the KKM, and the others mentioned?

2)
BE Mike wrote:Bar Sto barrels are very accurate. The Kidd Beretta I
used to own had a Bar Sto barrel. It shot sub 2" groups from the Ransom
Rest with 115 grain FMJ.
My assumption is this was at 50yds
3)
BE Mike wrote:
Orionsic wrote:My KKM shoots 2" groups at
I'm sure that the KKM barrels are great, but I think that
the OP was asking for an alternative to the KKM barrels, since they are
hard to get right now.
Yes BE Mike - you are right on. I am looking for alternatives rather then waiting what 2 months, 4 months, 2 years??? who knows.
(I guess I am a bit old fashioned (or just plain ol OCD) with respect to saying things, but if I tell you I will do something for you Friday at 3:00, you could set your watch by it. I still have a difficult time when "professionals", or anyone else for that matter, words do not match their actions.)

4)
DavidR wrote:Have you tried brownnels for the KKM, they also sell the barsto and others.
DavidR - Thanks for the suggestion, I checked Brownells (very limited) (but I love your sign about the ATF cheers)

Sorry for such a long post.
Finally, I have to say, I think Bullseye shooters are some of the best, friendliest, good people in the world. They have a common passion for precision, they care not only about their own progression, but are always friendly and willing to help others have just as much fun in the sport as they (at least that has been my experience over the past 30 years). - Thank you all. -- Marc

MarcW

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Sun Mar 03 2013, 12:52

I do all of my Ransom Rest testing at 50 yards, so your assumption was correct. I believe (I may be wrong) that the standard Beretta 92FS factory barrel, has a 1:10" twist, the Bar Sto match 1:16", and the KKM 1:32".
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Sun Mar 03 2013, 15:14

BE Mike wrote:I do all of my Ransom Rest testing at 50 yards, so your assumption was correct. I believe (I may be wrong) that the standard Beretta 92FS factory barrel, has a 1:10" twist, the Bar Sto match 1:16", and the KKM 1:32".

Most factory twists are roughly 1:10. Shooting a heavier or longer bullet can help match your twist. Even though barrels are listed as a certain spec, in my experience, it can vary by an inch either way. I have seen a few AR barrels listed as 1:9 that were 1:8. So, you never know unless you measure and test.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz Sun Mar 03 2013, 17:08

[quote="MarcW"]BLUF: Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of another very accurate barrel for a Beretta 92FS besides the KKM barrel for a gunsmith to fit? (I would assume it has a lot to do with the twist rate)

Hi Mark,
You might try Jarvis Barrels. http://www.jarvis-custom.com/Products/tabid/53/ctl/ProductDetail/productId/39/mid/388/Default.aspx
I have one of his revolver barrels that shoots great. I think he used to build John Pride's PPC revolvers.
Wes

Wes Lorenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down