Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCI clean

5 posters

Go down

CCI clean  Empty CCI clean

Post by NKF 9/8/2020, 4:24 pm

Has anyone shot any of the CCI clean 22. Velocity shows the same as CCI sv. Wondering if CCI has replaced the sv.

NKF

Back to top Go down

CCI clean  Empty Re: CCI clean

Post by REConley 9/8/2020, 6:41 pm

No, do not think so. The marketing I have seen for Clean has been to the silencer shooters promoting its benefit of not gummy up the can they are using. I bought some about 9 months ago, gave it a test and it sucks in both of my pistols.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfSwede 9/8/2020, 8:44 pm

I had 500-700 of them in the time period pre-covid.  I tried them in a Nelson conversion, a S&W 41 and a Pardini,  I would get a misfire about every 5-10 rounds.  Most of the time I could not shoot 5 rounds without a missfire.

I communicated my displeasure with CCI.  They asked me to send them back for evaluation.  They then sent me Mini-mags as a replacement.  I am happy now.

SonOfSwede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/8/2020, 8:50 pm

I bought some on discount (how we all dream of that now!) in February from Sportsman's Warehouse packaged for Xmas with red and green coated bullets. Got it because I was forced to practise in a commercial indoor range which required "coated" bullets. It is rubbish, lot's of malfunctions and not accurate at all in any of my 22 guns.

Back to top Go down

Post by NKF 9/9/2020, 5:46 am

Sounds like I need to save my money and not buy them. Thank you for your help.

NKF

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 9/9/2020, 12:45 pm

Do not buy them. 

A couple years ago when they first came out, I purchased some cleaning supplies at a sporting goods store in Kalamazoo.  They had these on the counter and I took a couple of boxes, this was right before Hillary was defeated and California had implemented their lead bullet ban and I figured I would give them a try to see if it could replace the normal CCI SV.  

After all, they were "On Sale!"
Long story short, they were unreliable, inaccurate, and gummed up my pistol so much that it would not function even after I switched to CCI SV.  And this was after only a couple of magazines!  

Was so disgusted with the darn things I tossed them in the campfire to get rid of them.  At least they had a glorious exit from this world. 

Regards, 
Crankster

Was s
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

NKF likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 9/9/2020, 4:40 pm

Can't say anything about the high velocity red/green CCI Clean, but the ones labeled "Sub-Sonic" Blue Round Nose 1070 fps shoots on par with CCI Standard in my Nelson and Model 41. Nothing wrong with it that I can tell. Shot a bunch of it when it first came out....but there is better ammo cheaper....
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down