Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini 32acp Barrel liner

+2
TomH_pa
ASchlem
6 posters

Go down

Pardini 32acp Barrel liner Empty Pardini 32acp Barrel liner

Post by ASchlem Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Has anyone done this? Is there a Bullseye gun smith that would be willing to try? First off before the bashing starts i know some have achieved good result with many different loads and that is great. My barrel will not shoot any of the popular reloads or factory ammo well. I believe that my reloading process is VERY consistent. Actually backed up and removed all of the extras that i though helped accuracy,( two step powder funnel, oversize sizing die, ect..) these had no real change. I even weighed out charges with a scale that has .03gn accuracy. The best load i had was 85 xtp's and they were only 10-ring and im out of them. I have tried the more popular projectiles and they all shoot like sh*t. I use a ransom rest and get good result with other pistols. Heck i have even stepped up my process with that. Maybe Pardini would be willing to look and see if there was a defect in manufacturing? I really like my Pardini pistols but im exhausted with this ammo wasting.

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Pardini 32acp Barrel liner Empty Re: Pardini 32acp Barrel liner

Post by TomH_pa Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:12 pm

I think it is easier to replace the barrel. Jon Eulette or Dave Wilson(fc60) make them.

TomH_pa

Schaumannk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:59 pm

ASchlem,

AFAIK, we have never met, but this Forum has built a remarkable fraternity.

It happens that I recently chose to buy a 6" Pardini barrel to test on my HP32. I am in the process of determining whether I prefer the 6" over the 5" I have been using for about a year.

As you might see from some other threads, I have struggled to find good ammo for the the Pardini 32ACP, but when you do get ammo that works they do shoot. I am certainly not a High Master, but my personal practise best with Fiocchi XTP60 ammo is an 881. And I've shot an 875 in a match.

So, once I settle on my preferred barrel, I am willing to lend you my second barrel to test, just to prove whether your current barrel is defective.

You can PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Wow, thanks i will take you up on the offer. I will send a pm

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:24 pm

My concern was, is MY barrel in spec. I have seen good groups from a few other Pardini barrels. After what truly felt like a complete waste of a lot of time and ammo one group stood out from the rest. My options were to explore this combination further or start over with a barrel replacement. I decided to go to 5 shot groups to narrow down the best load for my barrel. Surprisingly enough it was very similar to what other were recommending. I spent a lot of time with the dial calipers insuring consistency. I still believe the only difference is all of the latest ammo was built on a RCBS Summit press instead of my XL650. This is by far the best I have seen from my barrel. All testing has been with a ransom rest and at 50yd.Pardini 32acp Barrel liner 32acp11

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 pm

I had an opportunity to meet Dave Wilson at the WA State Match a week ago. We discussed Pardini 32ACP barrels - it is his opinion that the stock Pardini barrels are about as good as can be found. Possibly there are some Pardini barrels that are slightly better than others (Maybe Jim Hensler was lucky enough to get one of the best ones), but all of them are good. Dave does not recommend re-lining or re-barreling a Pardini 32ACP.

I went through a long period of dis-satisfaction reloading with my Dillon XL650 and even explored (i.e. purchased, tried and subsequently sold - or will sell on - the others). But then, with the help of Alex (Photoescape) I discovered that the XL650 had a badly machined main platform. Dillon replaced it for free and now it produces good ammo. I much prefer loading on the XL650 than other presses.

Does reloaded 32ACP shoot OK? Well, I've not yet had time to test thoroughly on a RR, but here is a recent 900 shot offhand at 25 yards in training. The flyers are, for sure, all down to me! Not my best, but does illustrate that tight groups are readily possible with a Pardini HP32 5" and reloaded XTP60/1.8 N310 ammo. I have found that XTP85/1.6 N310 produces similar results (Dave recommends Accurate #2, not had time to test that). But, for matches I do prefer to use factory Fiocchi XTP60 ammo. My personal full course match best is an 875. I am not a High Master, but that is a pretty decent score with a 32.
Pardini 32acp Barrel liner 28jul211

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:23 pm

ASchlem wrote:My concern was, is MY barrel in spec. I have seen good groups from a few other Pardini barrels. After what truly felt like a complete waste of a lot of time and ammo one group stood out from the rest. My options were to explore this combination further or start over with a barrel replacement. I decided to go to 5 shot groups to narrow down the best load for my barrel. Surprisingly enough it was very similar to what other were recommending. I spent a lot of time with the dial calipers insuring consistency. I still believe the only difference is all of the latest ammo was built on a RCBS Summit press instead of my XL650. This is by far the best I have seen from my barrel. All testing has been with a ransom rest and at 50yd.Pardini 32acp Barrel liner 32acp11
What was the load you used for this target?  Did you use the ransom rest?

Last edited by lablover on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 pm

If this was 50 yards then I looks to me that a 10 shot group would fit in the X ring??
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:19 pm

1.9 N-310
.875 COL
.332 Crimp
StarLine Brass
CCI Primer
Ransom rest @50yd

Last edited by ASchlem on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:22 pm

ASchlem wrote:1.9 V-310
.875 COL
.332 Crimp
Ransom rest @50yd
What bullet?
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:25 pm

Same load assembled using my Dillon with a arredondo powder bar would only hold 10 ring.

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 pm

ASchlem wrote:Same load assembled using my Dillon with a arredondo powder bar would only hold 10 ring.
That’s interesting.  I’d be curious on the dies you used as well as what bullet this was.  I’m assuming the 60gr xtp but you know what they say about assuming
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Yes 60gr XTP.   I read about the 32acp for a few years before getting one. So I drank the Kool-Aid and bought a over sized-sizing die from Lee. A few sizes powder funnels. Match grade seating die and everything else others deemed necessary to consistently produce match grade ammo. Now i'm using a standard Lee carbide 3 die set and a beam scale. I do like the match grade seating die but its just one more setup on a single stage press and i see no accuracy gain using it.

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:55 pm

ASchlem wrote:Yes 60gr XTP.   I read about the 32acp for a few years before getting one. So I drank the Kool-Aid and bought a over sized-sizing die from Lee. A few sizes powder funnels. Match grade seating die and everything else others deemed necessary to consistently produce match grade ammo. Now i'm using a standard Lee carbide 3 die set and a beam scale. I do like the match grade seating die but its just one more setup on a single stage press and i see no accuracy gain using it.
Well done.  Not sure I’ve seen anyone use 1.9 gr of n-310. You might be on to something
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 pm

I noticed at that load i have less blow back. ie. dirty cases.

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 pm

That is interesting. I notice that Fiocchi xtp60 feels a bit sharper than my xtp60/1.8N310.

I just dropped on a stash of Hornady factory xtp60 in Frontier brass. Seems to shoot well and feels very close to Fiocchi.

Maybe xtp60/1.9N310 is good.

I want to do a comparative RR test of everything as soon as the Outdoor season is done.

Back to top Go down

Post by bpettet Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm working up a batch of the 1.6/N310 and XTP 85 tonight to try in a few days.  Curious to see the results in my gun as compared to what others are seeing.  At this early stage, I would be happy to see 10 ring grouping at 50.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:05 am

I got some fairly good groups with the Fiochi/60XTP factory stuff; better than my groups with Hornady factory.  But I had to reseat the bullets a bit to get them to fit in Pardini magazines. That increases pressures somewhat. They feel hot because they are defensive loads.  To my knowledge, all of the factory ammo in 32acp is defensive in nature.  Nobody is loading factory match ammo in that caliber.  In fact, we Bullseye guys are the only people in the world trying to get match quality results from 32acp.  That's not true of 32SWL, but in that caliber we cannot get match quality bullets in the US; have to bump/swage them ourselves.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

James Hensler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:47 pm

Pardini 32acp Barrel liner 22210
Same picture. I like this one more.

ASchlem

lablover likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Good Noticing this lmao

ASchlem wrote:Pardini 32acp Barrel liner 22210
Same picture. I like this one more.
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:47 pm

Sorry, i should have said same target, with a measurement.

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by ASchlem Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:50 pm

Pardini 32acp Barrel liner 33310

ASchlem

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm

I have no doubt the x ring shot was the first shot out of the ransom rest. The gun settled in the insert and the other four was the true group. I have witnessed this a hundred times
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down