Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye Shooting and Old Age

+16
CrankyThunder
Olde Pilot
Rick H.
SonOfAGun
DA/SA
243winxb
DonBrummer
Sa-tevp
Wobbley
James Hensler
chopper
Al
james r chapman
cdrt
TonyH
mikemyers
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bullseye Shooting and Old Age - Page 2 Empty Bullseye Shooting and Old Age

Post by mikemyers 10/15/2020, 4:35 am

First topic message reminder :

What happens when somebody who has been very advanced in Bullseye Shooting reach 90 years old, or so, and for physical reasons, is no longer able to hold the gun steady enough to shoot competitively.  I think I remember something here, that allows a person like that to continue shooting with two hands, but they are classified differently so other shooters using only one hand don't find themselves shooting against other people using both hands.  I wasn't paying much attention to this at the time, and after searching for it in the NRA rules last night, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

If any one of us, who enjoyed Bullseye for many years, got physically unable to compete one handed, does the person need to drop out completely, or have we thought of ways to allow someone like this to shoot to the best of their ability?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Bullseye Shooting and Old Age - Page 2 Empty Re: Bullseye Shooting and Old Age

Post by jjfitch 11/28/2020, 8:46 pm

james r chapman wrote:I’m waiting for Phil Hemphill to start shooting 2-handed..

I was hoping he would shoot with one hand in PPC! Smile
jjfitch
jjfitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Leadhead 12/5/2020, 11:10 am

I used to shoot the bullseye course at the gun club I belong to, I am in my sixties now and can on longer shoot one handed like I once did, using open sights isn’t to bad but with a red dot sight literally makes me sick( like motion sickness), had a hard time keeping all shots on the paper. Still would like to go to the matches but my scores are really bad and it is making it very frustrating to enjoy. Shooting two handed in a separate class would help in bring the challenge and fun back for me.

Leadhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 12/6/2020, 4:22 am

While we don't have a class we do have a category.  Senior at 60 and Grand Senior at 70.   Don't look for a lot of relief.  Doc Young has the Senior record at 2668.  Steve Reiter has the Grand Senior record at 2640...  Check it out.
National Records | Competitive Shooting Programs | NRA Explore

Axehandle

MkFiji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X 12/6/2020, 5:01 am

Or shooters can just do what Arthur Monahan (DR#1) did and just start shooting pistol competitors (revolver, PPC, IPSC, etc.) that allowed 2 hands and still continued to kicked butt.  He said "Using 2 hands was like cheating after shooting bulleye."  Kinda miss seeing him at Perry...

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2