Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback on Aguila sv

+8
Doug Tiedt
Slamfire
CrankyThunder
REConley
JKR
TonyH
farmboy
xman
12 posters

Go down

Feedback on Aguila sv Empty Feedback on Aguila sv

Post by xman 10/20/2020, 8:39 pm

I bought a case of Aquila standard velocity in a panic buy earlier this year. I have not shot any of it yet at this point I am still using my CCI standard velocity. Anyone with experience with the Aguila standard velocity out there that can offer up an opinion? I shoot a Smith and Wesson model 41 and a Browning Buck Mark. Thanks
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Aguila sv Empty Re: Feedback on Aguila sv

Post by farmboy 10/20/2020, 8:48 pm

It will run in a BM with no issues. It runs my son's BM just fine.  I have seen mixed reviews with people shooting it in 41s - it runs in some but not others
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 10/20/2020, 9:07 pm

Shoot it first to see if it functions well in YOUR guns......other people’s opinions matter not one bit. That’s my opinion.....Laughing
TonyH
TonyH

Al likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 10/21/2020, 6:15 am

You’ll have to try it and see. If you’re not happy, it won’t be hard to get rid of. I’ve shot through several cases. It works great in my Nelson and Walther but doesn’t cycle reliably in my Benelli. As far a accuracy, I consider it equal to CCI.
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 10/21/2020, 8:29 am

Shoots very well in my 41's and accuracy is very good. Frankly, it is better than Eley Action ammo, another option I have experimented with. If I could find more I would add a case or two to my stockpile.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 10/21/2020, 8:45 am

I purchased a case of Aguila to try when CCI came out with the orange stripe box to give it a try in my Pardini.  Found that it was sensitive to temperature when the temp got down to around 50 degrees or so.  I think it was the SE version but am not sure.  

I just used the last of it up a week or so ago so I am happy that is no longer in the ammo bunker.  On some of the colder matches, I kept it in my pockets to keep it warm because it was down in the 30's and 40's but did not have a problem.  

You should try it out and keep it warm during matches.  Test it during practice and record the temperature to get a idea when you need to keep it warm.  

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfire 10/21/2020, 11:54 am

I purchased Aquila PIstol match and had malfunction after malfunction. That was the last Aquila I used.

Slamfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt 10/25/2020, 12:16 am

We all know that 22s can be finicky regarding ammo... what works in my '41 may shoot like crap in yours.  You have ammo, you have a gun.  Shoot it and find out for yourself.

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 10/25/2020, 9:22 am

Never an issue for me. You may have to go down 1/2# on your recoil spring in a 41.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 10/25/2020, 9:29 am

Ran my Benelli, Nelson, Advantage Arms, Xesse and HS106 just fine.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/25/2020, 10:38 am

I think that folks are mixing up comments on different ammo above.

Aguila Super Extra standard velocity is actually just a bit sharper than CCI SV or similar. I have shot a couple of cases in training and it is very reliable in Pardini, MG2, Marvel, Ruger and others. Very occasional dud (which usually goes bang on second try). And I have experienced the occasional unexplained flyer. I shot my first 100 clean 50' SF target with it a few months ago, but I prefer to use (arguably) better ammo for matches. I have not found it to be temperature sensitive, but it does not get down to frosty temps where I practise. 

Aguila Pistol Match is completely different. It is significantly softer, very similar to Eley Target yellow box. Sensitive to cold/damp conditions and/or dirty gun. Would not cycle the MG2 and frequent problems in the Pardini. Might, possibly, produce tighter groups than the Aguila Super Extra, but I did not do a quantitative evaluation. I could not get on with it. Many folks love it and use it in matches. 

Good luck finding either of them at the present time🥵🥵

Back to top Go down

Post by 8eightring 10/25/2020, 12:50 pm

It is very accurate and functions fine in my kart which is picky about which ammo will function in it.
8eightring
8eightring

Back to top Go down

Post by New2BE 10/25/2020, 11:41 pm

Works fine in my 41, went from 7.5 stock spring to a Wolff 7.0.  Need to clean more, but that’s ok. Drop of oil on first bullet after cleaning trick helps too.

New2BE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down