Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NMC League Week 35

+5
mikemyers
DA/SA
Bmitch996
Psween
JKR
9 posters

Go down

NMC League Week 35 Empty NMC League Week 35

Post by JKR 11/2/2020, 10:12 am

Should’ve stuck with irons I guess!NMC League Week 35 D4f59410

JKR

Back to top Go down

NMC League Week 35 Empty Re: NMC League Week 35

Post by Psween 11/2/2020, 8:57 pm

Didn't get the .45 out, still working out reliability issues, so shot .22 today.

Patrick Sween
Ruger Govt. Target w/ Bushnell Trophy dot
Ergo grips
CCI SV
50' Outdoor

SF 86 1x
TF 91 2x
RF 91 1x
NMC 268 4x

New personal best!

Psween

JKR and Nightshift82 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 11/2/2020, 10:40 pm

NMC League Week 35 Img_0712
NMC League Week 35 Img_0711
NMC League Week 35 Img_0710

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 11/2/2020, 10:45 pm

Brian Mitchell
MCGC Orangeburg, SC
Interarms X-Series with LSP Bull barrel with a HS Victor iron sight rail.
50 & 25 yards(non turning)
Aguila Pistol Match

SF. 94-1
   TF. 95-1
   RF. 95-1

NMC 284-3

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA 11/3/2020, 5:11 am

That's great shooting, Brian, and Patrick is moving right up there every week as well!
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/5/2020, 4:02 pm

Name or forum name:  Mike Myers
Date:   November 5, 2020
25 yards
Outdoor
Pistol:  High Standard X-Series
Caliber: 22  
Sights:  Aimpoint H-1
Ammo:  CMP and CCI
Shooting aids: none
Hands used:  1
Targets:  B-16, and B-8

Slow fire: 92  2X
Timed fire: 95  1X
Rapid fire:  94  3X

TOTALS:   281,  6X

NMC League Week 35 Img_3613
As a side note, some of these were shot "in the rain", but having a roof over my head, I didn't get wet.
I spent three hours at the range, shooting my High Standard X-Series, and my Nelson Conversion.
For me, using only one hand, it was easier to use the High Standard. 
I also tried shooting both gun two-handed, and for slow fire, I do better with two hands, using the Nelson kit.  One handed, the High Standard works better for me.

There's a lot of rain heading my way, followed by yet another hurricane.  I might not get back to the range until sometime next week!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/5/2020, 4:28 pm

Please ignore this.

Last edited by radjag on 11/5/2020, 7:53 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Experimenting with photo's)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 11/5/2020, 6:33 pm

No target pictures, but decided to break out the old DR gun today, my Colt OMM....

Dcforman
Colt OMM 4th Issue
148 HBWC
Stock iron sights
25 yards

SF 95
TF 92
RF 96
NMC 283

Also forgot to record X count, but very happy with the score! All that iron sight air pistol is paying off!

Dave

Dcforman

JKR, chiz1180, dpelletier and Psween like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/5/2020, 7:53 pm

Our Outdoor season is over and it looks like the Winter League in Oregon will not happen this year, so I've pretty much stopped practising and am now trying to catch up with a load of other chores that I've put off through the summer.

Weather was OK yesterday and so I decided to go and practise Iron Sights in low light conditions. Always a challenge with my eyes.

04Nov20 - Overcast
Outdoor fixed 25 yards - Android timer
Pardini SP22-6" irons.
Aguila Super Extra SV

SF 90 - 0x
TF 98 - 2x
RF 96 - 3x

NMC 284 - 5x

NMC League Week 35 04nov_11

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 11/6/2020, 7:08 am

Nice match with that old Colt. I’m always impressed by you who can do that with the wheel gun. I’m lucky to be able to shoot that well with the auto pistol!
JKR
Dcforman wrote:No target pictures, but decided to break out the old DR gun today, my Colt OMM....

Dcforman
Colt OMM 4th Issue
148 HBWC
Stock iron sights
25 yards

SF 95
TF 92
RF 96
NMC 283

Also forgot to record X count, but very happy with the score! All that iron sight air pistol is paying off!

Dave

JKR

Dcforman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/6/2020, 1:21 pm

Dcforman wrote:No target pictures, but decided to break out the old DR gun today, my Colt OMM............
As was said earlier, very impressive!!!!

How do you shoot rapid fire?  Single-action or Double-action?
Any advice for others (me!) trying to do this?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 11/6/2020, 6:40 pm

JKR wrote:Nice match with that old Colt. I’m always impressed by you who can do that with the wheel gun. I’m lucky to be able to shoot that well with the auto pistol!
JKR
Dcforman wrote:No target pictures, but decided to break out the old DR gun today, my Colt OMM....

Dcforman
Colt OMM 4th Issue
148 HBWC
Stock iron sights
25 yards

SF 95
TF 92
RF 96
NMC 283

Dave
JKR, you're too kind. I only wish I could duplicate my "practice" scores in a match. I think I'm starting to figure things out, feel like I'm about to break past a pretty long standing plateau. Most of it has to do with controlling my mind, and pretty much learning how to stop thinking. Been shooting about an hour of air pistol every morning, which has turned into a combination of drills and meditation. Results so far are promising. It's starting to translate to bullseye, even to sustained fire.

Mike, I'm not sure you should be taking advice from me, but here's what I focus on while shooting a revolver....

1. Sight Alignment, sight alignment, sight alignment. Do whatever you have to in order to see that front sight clearly. For me, it's blinder on my left eye, adjustable iris on the right. I consciously focus on sight alignment, while letting my subconscious worry about the sight picture. That also helps with accepting my wobble/aiming area. You'd be amazed how accurate you can be with iron sights when you accept this. I also shoot a sub 6 hold, which I thinks helps. I will also say that I put a tiny piece of masking tape on my front sight. That helps me keep my eyes focused on it. I find it works better than scratching the sight.

2. While I focus more on sight alignment during slow fire, I shift my focus to trigger pull during sustained. Don't mistake me, my shot process is still the same. I just shift my conscious focus to trigger pull. Smooth, increasing pressure. Keep sight alignment, wait for the shot.

3. Control your mind. DO NOT PANIC. This is where I've failed for the last couple years. Cool, calm, and collected. People have been telling me "No stinkin' thinkin'!" for a while. It's finally sinking in.

4. I shoot single action in sustained. I don't think there's a right way to do. Plenty of masters before me have shot double action (and many still do!). I don't have a problem maintaining my grip while cocking the hammer. Definitely need to start applying pressure to the trigger before the sights come back on target. But again, focus on sight alignment!

Hope this helps. Keep in mind I still have a lot to learn!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/6/2020, 8:14 pm

Dcforman wrote:Mike, I'm not sure you should be taking advice from me, but here's what I focus on while shooting a revolver....

1. Sight Alignment, sight alignment, sight alignment. Do whatever you have to in order to see that front sight clearly. For me, it's blinder on my left eye, adjustable iris on the right. I consciously focus on sight alignment, while letting my subconscious worry about the sight picture. That also helps with accepting my wobble/aiming area. You'd be amazed how accurate you can be with iron sights when you accept this. I also shoot a sub 6 hold, which I thinks helps. I will also say that I put a tiny piece of masking tape on my front sight. That helps me keep my eyes focused on it. I find it works better than scratching the sight.

2. While I focus more on sight alignment during slow fire, I shift my focus to trigger pull during sustained. Don't mistake me, my shot process is still the same. I just shift my conscious focus to trigger pull. Smooth, increasing pressure. Keep sight alignment, wait for the shot.

3. Control your mind. DO NOT PANIC. This is where I've failed for the last couple years. Cool, calm, and collected. People have been telling me "No stinkin' thinkin'!" for a while. It's finally sinking in.

4. I shoot single action in sustained. I don't think there's a right way to do. Plenty of masters before me have shot double action (and many still do!). I don't have a problem maintaining my grip while cocking the hammer. Definitely need to start applying pressure to the trigger before the sights come back on target. But again, focus on sight alignment!

Hope this helps. Keep in mind I still have a lot to learn!

Dave
Thank you for posting that.  

Sounds very reasonable to me.
Curious, what gun do you shoot?

I expect to print that out, and try it first with dry-firing, and then at the range.

Would I be reasonable to try this first with a 22, and if so, maybe a S&W Model 17 ?

(This probably belongs in its own thread.  Maybe you can enter it in the Fundamentals forum?  Or I could.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 11/6/2020, 8:21 pm

For DR, it's a Colt Officers Model Match in 38. I really like it. Great single action trigger.

If you want to start with a 22, I say go for it. Cheaper ammo, and the action/motion is basically the same. To be honest, if you want to focus on trigger control and sight Alignment, get an air pistol. Convenient to shoot at home if you have room, can get in way more practice, and I feel it provides better feedback than dry firing. It doesn't replace dry firing, though, especially if you want to continue to improve in bullseye!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 11/6/2020, 10:18 pm

Thanks; I tried it a month or so ago, and it was very enjoyable.  
I'll remember and apply your advice.
Maybe tomorrow I will start a new thread, based on what you've written.
Otherwise, it will get forgotten here.....
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by rburk 11/7/2020, 12:41 am

Finished working on my Ruger Mark III, I bought it to shoot some of the HV 22 ammo I own.  I installed the voquartsen trigger kit, it checks in at about 2.4# now, big improvement.  Put a Primary arms red dot on, and headed to the indoor range.

Distance:  50'
Ruger Mark III 22/45
Primary Arms red dot sight
Winchester Wildcat ammo (preserving my supply of CCI and Aguilla ammo)

SF:  91
TF:  94
RF:  94

NMC:  279

I'm going to try it with better ammo, this pistol looks like a pretty decent shooter.  I ran about 70 shots through it, no malfunctions.  It will make a good backup to my model 41.

rburk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 11/7/2020, 1:08 am

Ray, the last mkiii I did a trigger job on I took it out and shot a 99-9x TF at 25 yds. They shoot well. Was using cci sv. I would shoot a Ruger before I used a Pardini lol.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motophotog7 11/7/2020, 2:32 pm

Well Jon, maybe we can save some money and just pay you to test fire our guns and skip the whole RR process...😉

Motophotog7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down