Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to sell a pistol in today's economy.

+7
GME
REConley
joy2shoot
SteveT
Ed Hall
john bickar
LenV
11 posters

Go down

How to sell a pistol in today's economy.  Empty How to sell a pistol in today's economy.

Post by LenV 11/4/2020, 6:43 pm

I have noticed that it might be a very good time for me or anyone with a stash to sell their match pistols. Sample ads below.

For sale mediocre match 1911. Shoots pretty good some days if you can keep it running. Will sell for way too much but will throw in 1000rds of match ammo.

Or

For sale Ruger Mk4 with cheap red dot. Will throw in 2500 rds CCI sv. Asking a whole bunch.

I could envision similar ads with components instead of ammo. I hear there is a small primer shortage. Hmm. That's another 3 or 4 guns.
Yes, I am bored. Want to buy a pistol? Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

How to sell a pistol in today's economy.  Empty Re: How to sell a pistol in today's economy.

Post by john bickar 11/4/2020, 6:46 pm

I saw someone post recently, "When you see the Ziploc bags of ammo come up for sale, things are getting tight." Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

How to sell a pistol in today's economy.  Empty Re: How to sell a pistol in today's economy.

Post by Ed Hall 11/4/2020, 7:09 pm

john bickar wrote:I saw someone post recently, "When you see the Ziploc bags of ammo come up for sale, things are getting tight." Laughing
I used to like to have my reloads in a plastic bag from a local hardware store. . .

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 11/4/2020, 7:39 pm

CCI Blazer 9mm $1 per round. Buy 2000 or more and get a free Glock. (just kidding, I don't have CCI Blazer or a Glock)
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

LenV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/4/2020, 8:00 pm

Surprisingly, when I visited a "farm" store in a nearby County town they had 9mm, 40 and several brands of 22lr in stock and the prices were not bad.

No primers of course!

I just sold a 1911 to a returning shooter, then a cheap loading press n stuff. I threw in a stash of 45 brass and 1,000 primers, not to sweeten the deal, but I just want him to be able to shoot in the WA and OR events next year. Fresh blood is in short supply!

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 11/13/2020, 5:27 pm

What I could use is a source that would give me an idea of a fair asking price for a gun.  The latest word from my doc is elbow injury may not be repairable.  If that turns out to be true, I have some inventory that I may be selling over time.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 11/13/2020, 6:06 pm

Two elbows, just move the pistol over and start working on slow fire with your 22.  

Been there and have done that. Starting now you should be ready for next springs events.
REConley
REConley

L Valdez likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 11/13/2020, 9:52 pm

joy2shoot wrote:What I could use is a source that would give me an idea of a fair asking price for a gun.  The latest word from my doc is elbow injury may not be repairable.  If that turns out to be true, I have some inventory that I may be selling over time.
Well, that's a bummer about your elbow. Sad 

I'm interested. Tough to get some guns into CA, but I'll give you a no-BS ballpark price point, at least.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 11/13/2020, 10:22 pm

Roy showed me this. Apparently I am way way behind in figuring out actual values. Check out the buy now price.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881548737
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by GME 11/13/2020, 11:12 pm

LenV wrote:Check out the buy now price.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881548737

Yikes!!!!! affraid

GME

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 11/14/2020, 11:06 am

952's go for stupid money sometimes. For what they sell for sometimes you could get a full custom 1911/9mm.

zanemoseley

Outthere likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 11/17/2020, 8:26 am

Niche collector's items can bring crazy money if a bidding war ensues. They are the outliers as far as values are concerned.

There are guns on Gunbroker that have been listed for over a year because the starting bids are so far out of line with reality.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 11/18/2020, 1:53 pm

Before all this madness began, I bought 1000 pieces of .223 primed Wolf brass. It was on sale and I thought it might be a nice way to get some .223 rounds started. I haven't looked, but I bet some guys are trying to get crazy prices for them.
Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 11/27/2020, 5:12 pm

zanemoseley wrote:952's go for stupid money sometimes. For what they sell for sometimes you could get a full custom 1911/9mm.

this, 

and the dealer probably got tired of the 148 emails he gets in a week asking if he has a BIN price in mind
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down