Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion

3 posters

Go down

17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion Empty 17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion

Post by Rob Kovach 3/23/2013, 10:26 am

I had pretty much relegated my Marvel to paperweight duty after EVERY string at Perry last year had an alibi, and I was clearing malfunctions on the alibi strings.

Joe Fobes gave me a 17lb mainspring (Hammer Spring) from ISMI. It is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than the "18lb" plain plastic wrapper springs that I bought at Perry, and that's the only thing I changed. IT'S LIKE A DIFFERENT GUN!!! Somebody should tell the Marvel people to stock those on their website and at their booth at Camp Perry this year. Main Spring tuning is definitely a part of the formula to getting those Marvels to shoot reliably.

I'm glad I was able to work this out. I gain points when I shoot the heavier roll trigger on my Marvel over the crisp light trigger of my Hi-Standard. I really love the trigger in that lower.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion Empty Re: 17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion

Post by C.Perkins 3/23/2013, 11:45 am

I had problems when I first started shooting my Marvel.

Removed 2 coils off the factory hammer spring and it has run like a champ ever since.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion Empty Re: 17lb Mainspring (Hammer Spring) for Marvel Conversion

Post by Founder 3/23/2013, 7:27 pm

The tough thing about the Marvel Rob is they are a conversion, if that 17# spring is used with a 45 upper there will be issues! Unless the person swaps MSH springs and the upper each time.

I am glad that worked out for you! But if you ever put the 45 back together make sure you put at least a 19# spring back in there. 23 is standard weight for a 45.
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 3/23/2013, 10:09 pm

That old lower won't be a .45 ever again. Good tip for others though.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down