Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCATT questions

5 posters

Go down

SCATT questions Empty SCATT questions

Post by Schaumannk 11/19/2020, 7:28 am

I’m not new to shooting trainers.   I have an old Noptel.  However it kinda stopped working after Windows Seven.  Am considering a SCATT to improve my dry fire training and cut down on my live fire consumption during these trying times. 
Thought I would ask a couple of questions.  

First, what system is best to run it on?   I have an extra iPad, but am willing to buy a dedicated cheaper Windows laptop if that is what works. 

Second, if you have a variety of guns, what is the best mounting method?   I lean towards the barrel insets since I only plan to do dry fire, but would be willing to entertain other methods.   Any suggestions would be appreciated,   .

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

SCATT questions Empty Re: SCATT questions

Post by Soupy44 11/19/2020, 8:08 am

I do not personally have one, but have heard it runs better on a cheap laptop than an iPad.  

Personal preference.  Some folks find the inserts plus sensor plus cable to make the gun barrel heavy.  I've never used the inserts, only clamped it to the underside of the slide/barrel.

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 11/19/2020, 8:14 am

Soupy44 wrote:I do not personally have one, but have heard it runs better on a cheap laptop than an iPad.  

Personal preference.  Some folks find the inserts plus sensor plus cable to make the gun barrel heavy.  I've never used the inserts, only clamped it to the underside of the slide/barrel.
Well when training a little extra weight on the gun barrel is not necessarily a bad thing.   However,  I was planning on getting the cordless one because cables are easy to trip over where I have my range set up, not to mention the added weight.   
    My experience with the Noptel was that without lots of tape, or a semi permanent mount on the gun, it was very difficult to stabilize.   The clamps just weren’t that good.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 11/19/2020, 8:17 am

I believe the only Scatt that supports a tablet, rather than a computer, is the MX-W2. All other models would require a laptop or PC.

I use the barrel inserts for 45, 33, and 22. My model is dryfire only. So the barrel insert works perfect and holds tight.

Jwhelan939

Schaumannk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 11/19/2020, 8:56 am

Barrel inserts work well for me. Even with the USB cable, the weight of a barrel insert and sensor is negligible and does not affect the balance of the pistol. My only gripe is the .45 insert - I am on my second one and it is bit loose and I can only make it stay by tightening the insert pretty hard with a screwdriver. The .22 and 9mm/.38 inserts stay tight in a barrel with just finger tightening.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 11/19/2020, 9:01 am

One note on the equipment: I have SCATT basic, which is the "no-frills" version. It's a good compromise, if you are on a limited budget. However, it is VERY sensitive to the lighting of the target and needs plenty of it. If you can afford it, go for a fuller version. Pay once, cry once - I am now saving to upgrade to the MX device. Smile
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Porter 11/24/2020, 11:54 am

For your Scatt questions reach out to Dan Lowe.  He is the US rep for Scatt. 

https://www.firinglinesolutionsllc.com/

firinglinesolutionsllc@gmail.com

Jeff Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down