Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP or AW-93

+14
TargetShooter27
285wannab
CR10X
james r chapman
farmboy
thessler
CrankyThunder
Oleg G
Jwhelan939
Jon Eulette
mspingeld
James Hensler
chiz1180
xman
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini SP or AW-93 - Page 2 Empty Pardini SP or AW-93

Post by xman Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Currently I am shooting a Smith and Wesson model 41 with a Browning Buck Mark in reserve. I have concerns about my recoil control with both of them on both the long and short line. Could the forum members offer up some suggestions on the Pardini SP & or the AW-93. Mounting of a dot sight is important and to a lesser extent the price.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP or AW-93 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pardini SP or AW-93

Post by bullseye67 Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Good afternoon,

I have been shooting Pardini exclusively for the last 6 years. Before the Pardini. I started with a tricked out with Volquartsen pieces Ruger MK2. Then a Hammerli Esse long with Rink grip. Then 2 different Walther GSP pistols. Then a Pardini SP and a Walther set up in 32 with a RedDot. I also shot a Walther SSP that another club member was shooting and debating to sell.

I was completely committed to a brand new Walther GSP set in 22LR and 32 S&W Long.....then I called the distributor/gun shop and was told a new Walther was 8-9 months away!!! I had already sold the GSP in 32 and decided to call the Pardini dealer. One brand new Pardini HP with 22LR and a barrel and bolt for 32 S&W Long was on its way!!!  

Now 6 years later and well over 100,000 22LR and the same in 32’s. I am completely satisfied. I have replaced 3 firing pins in rimfire and the extractor twice. The recoil spring once. I have replaced the firing pin twice in 32 and 4 extractors. The recoil spring once. I also replace the spring along with the firing pins. That’s it very reliable amd not really Ammo fussy. One Ammo it won’t function with is Federal 711 in the blue box. I usually shoot CCI SV and S&B SV. I have shot most types and brands of SV 22LR. If I start to get FTF alibis it is only 2 things. First I take out the firing pin and measure it they do tend to shorten, if it’s basically the same length. I clean the bolt face. It will develop a cushion of lube that seems to absorb the impact. The worst is Sellior & Beloit 22 SV. It has a heavy black lube. 

Would I buy a Pardini again...??  Yes!! I was talked out of buying a new one by the dealer a couple months ago. I was prepared to replace my set due to use. He laughed and said he has a couple of older guys that have put new barrels on their Pardini’s......after 300K+++ rounds....almost no rifling left. 

Whatever you decide to purchase ENJOY!!!!

bullseye67

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2