Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remington Small Pistol Primers

+2
teason
GME
6 posters

Go down

Remington Small Pistol Primers Empty Remington Small Pistol Primers

Post by GME 12/16/2020, 3:16 pm

Several weeks ago, I put in a notification request at Midwest USA when pistol primers (all brands) came back in stock.  I just received an email from Midwest advising Remington Small Pistol Primers have been discontinued & will no longer be available.  I had hoped that someone would have continued the product when Remington went on the block.  Guess not.  Just aggravates and already aggravating situation.

Gary

GME

Back to top Go down

Remington Small Pistol Primers Empty Re: Remington Small Pistol Primers

Post by teason 12/16/2020, 3:53 pm

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2020/12/ammo-and-primer-shortage-will-continue-into-2021/

While the article doesn't make me feel optimistic about primers being available anytime soon, it does mention Vista buying the Remington ammunition plant in Arkansas and rehiring the workers.  So maybe they'll be available at some point under a different brand name?  Although I don't know if they make primers there or just assemble live ammunition...  Trying to be hopeful for you?

teason

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 12/16/2020, 4:07 pm

Lonoke makes primers.  

While these distributors may discontinue products, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the manufacturer has discontinued the product.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 12/17/2020, 8:48 am

Good riddance... only primers I've ever had issues with...

10sandxs

Bubba Blaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tierney 12/17/2020, 1:31 pm

I never had issues with Rem center fire primers in either rifle or pistol.   Having said that, I gave up on Rem 22 rimfire decades ago.  One dud after another.  I recall saving up a whole box of duds some of which I had pulled the bullets from to inspect the priming mixture, all of which had flaked off and mixed with the powder.  Thinking that Rem would make them good they were returned to Remington. After a long time I received a letter from them saying that after caareful inspection they could find no problem with the ammo, and don't pull any more bullets as it is unsafe. I switched to CCI right after that until just lately when CCI doctored up their loads.  Am shooting CMP bulk pack for practice and Center X for matches now.

tierney

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 12/17/2020, 2:57 pm

Are we talking of the 1-1/2 primer, or the 5-1/2 primer?

I do wish the primer makers, all of them, would standardize the designations of primer type and size instead of their own crazy system like 1-1/2, 9-1/2, 210, 215, 500, 205M, 200, .......WLP - this I like.
It would be so nice if everyone used names like LP, SP, LPM, LR, LRM, SR, and maybe SRX for match level. 

Years ago Dad and I used 210 and 215 the most.  Another guy swore by 9-1/2 primers in his 3006.
Jack H
Jack H

Larryb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 12/17/2020, 3:12 pm

Midway discontinued the entire line of Remington primers.  The Remington website still lists primers in their lineup but we’ll see when they become available. 

I too would like to see standardization on primer naming.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Larryb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down