Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article Found While Reading Online Articles

3 posters

Go down

Article Found While Reading Online Articles Empty Article Found While Reading Online Articles

Post by Asa Yam 12/21/2020, 4:14 am

Seem to recall a post where the author mentioned "it might prove interesting to do a study of grooved vs. ungrooved bullets."  The linked article (written in 2017) shows one such effort, and may allow some conclusions to be drawn from it.  Enjoy!

Link:  https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2017/3/27/accuracy-of-lube-groove-vs-no-lube-groove-cast-bullets/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=1220

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Article Found While Reading Online Articles Empty Re: Article Found While Reading Online Articles

Post by Lightfoot 12/21/2020, 5:33 pm

Really, it doesn't make a ton of difference.  There are recipes that can make either perform better or worse.  But if you forced me, I'd choose lube groove over nlg.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Article Found While Reading Online Articles Empty Re: Article Found While Reading Online Articles

Post by noylj 12/23/2020, 9:51 am

My observations:
I shoot Precision Bullets swaged and coated lead bullets and they have no lube groove.
My accuracy results from 9x19, 9x21, .38 Super, and .45 Auto are:
1) JHPs and commercial swaged lead bullets from Zero and Precision Delta
2) Commercial swaged and coated lead bullets (w/o lube groove
3) My cast bullets
4) Commercial overly hard cast bullets and Hornady and Speer swaged bullets (this is also about where I expect any commercial cast bullets with any coating to fall, since they are still cast bullets with the same commercial constraints on production quality)
add several more rows of periods
5) plated bullets of any style

If I had a life-or-death critical match, it would be with JHPs. I would enter most any match with any of the first three sets of bullets and feel good.

noylj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down