Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas

2 posters

Go down

A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas Empty A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas

Post by Guest 12/24/2020, 7:32 pm

This gun was listed on Commercial Row earlier this year. Hope that the author and the magazine don't mind me sharing the article here. 
With permission from Roddy Toyota.

Last edited by radjag on 12/24/2020, 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : problem hosting images)

Back to top Go down

A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas Empty Re: A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas

Post by Buck13 12/26/2020, 9:57 pm

Very interesting.

To pull out the takedown lever on my MkIIs, I made a non-metallic tool by cutting a piece of 40-pound monofilament fishing line about six inches long and tying the ends together with a knot.  I drilled a hole in the handle of on old toothbrush and passed the loop of line through it and back around the end of the handle to secure it (not a very clear description but you'll figure it out).  Hook the loop of line over the takedown lever and you can pull it out without any chance of damage.  Removal of the bolt proceeds apace.

Then apply a few sprays of your solvent of choice and apply the business end of the toothbrush to the nasty glop that has accumulated around the feed ramp of your pistol.  Repeat every brick or two.

Buck13

285wannab likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/8/2021, 4:44 pm

Roddy upgraded these two MkII. 
This one is capable offhand for 50yd 10ring shots. If you are. 
A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas Ruger2

This one is just as capable as my 208s.  I like shooting it better than the 208s
A Roddy Ruger story for Xmas Ruger1a-Jan08
Jack H
Jack H

SingleActionAndrew likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down