Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP New

2 posters

Go down

Pardini SP New Empty Pardini SP New

Post by Allgoodhits 1/13/2021, 3:38 pm

Submitted as an FYI.

I had unexplained failures with this gun that simply started. It would jam with a partially loaded round in chamber, and a partially ejected round hung up. Obviously, I thought it must be ammo related. After trying numerous brands, styles, price points of ammo the problem still existed. Next, I thought it must be magazines. So I went through all of those minute adjustments. Next I went through the recoil spring, buffer and that drill.  The gun would run for about 30-60 rounds from clean, then the problem surfaced. After I was about ready to tomahawk this gun into a creek, I finally decided, in late October, to send it to Pardini with my 6 mags.

Today, I heard from Pardini. This is there comment. Maybe this will save you some time and money.

Pardini USA. "So after going through everything and the suggested changes I mentioned earlier we did not find the resolution.

This led us to use a special skeletonized grip in order to look into the trigger area and see what was going on.

We found that your grip screw was actually pushed in too far, probably due to age of the grip and missing stop washer combined with the screw being relatively long. This made it so that the grip screw was actually resting against the hammer spring and adding additional pressure. Upon filing down the screw and changing the hammer spring, we found that the removed pressure from the hammer resolved the problems.

This is an issue we had not seen in years so we did not think to look for it. The added pressure on the hammer spring created resistance on the bolt when it cycled back causing these sorts of issues. When the gun is clean there is enough lubrication to help prevent it, but as it would get dirtier the problem would arise."

Submitted to help fellow shooters, if you are experiencing a similar condition.

It won't matter, if we can't get some ammo. Oh well.

Cheers,

Martin
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

orpheoet and lablover like this post

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP New Empty Re: Pardini SP New

Post by james r chapman 1/13/2021, 4:07 pm

Thank you!!!
Good info!
james r chapman
james r chapman