Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herrett Grip Questions

3 posters

Go down

Herrett Grip Questions  Empty Herrett Grip Questions

Post by C7@71 1/15/2021, 9:55 am

Curiosity as a long time shooter, but new to the BE circuit.  I purchased a 1979 SW M41. The seller bought the gun from the original purchaser and I assumed that the Herrett style grips were an add on over the course of the years. They have no brand or Herrett label. The thumbrest on the left grip is wider and more pronounced.  As an Engineer (first black Mark), I did a lot of research and looking and the current Herrett National N-41 have a thinner or slimmer thumb rest, 

That really does not matter....but I ASSUME that over the years, some folks have copied or reverse engineered and come out with “comparable” grips. From my days in Product Design and Development, this is common.

I have a Salyer SA ROO 45 and found a online supplier that shipped me a set of Herrett N-45 at a substantial price reduction to the eBay listings, The grips, BTW, will not work, as Herrett states, out of the box on my Range Officer Operator.  The gun has the LH ambidextrous safety, but the relieving was simple.

NOW the question.  The new Herrett grips were in a sturdy box and wrapped nicely.  Great packaging.  The box has a Herret Quality or stamp and an N-45 stamp.  Grips had no paperwork or brand or label.  Are these GENUINE Herrett’s or a knock off.  The grips are wonderful workmanship and very nice.  Of course, no exotic wood, but nice walnut and finish.

So...do I have the real McCoy or an imported knockoff?

Thanks

C7@71

Back to top Go down

Herrett Grip Questions  Empty Re: Herrett Grip Questions

Post by james r chapman 1/15/2021, 10:01 am

Long white box with size and hand on end?
If so, Real deal.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C7@71 1/15/2021, 10:07 am

Not quite.

Long white box with Herrett Stamp on end and N-45.

Are there import knockoff’s abounding for the Herrett’s

Do the grips genuine grips have a brand or a Herrett label?

C7@71

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 1/15/2021, 10:11 am

I’ve never found a lot of imports trying to knock off herretts TARGET grips.  There were Millett grips years ago and Mustang Grips too, that went after the general market.  But the target market was left to Herrett.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/15/2021, 10:15 am

Real deal
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C7@71 1/15/2021, 10:18 am

Might have answered my own question....  I found this from a past sale.  Mine look or are exactly like the boxes in the picture.

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t11508-for-sale-two-2-new-in-box-nib-herrett-national-adjustable-target-gun-stocks-model-n-45-for-1911-spf

From the pictures, looks like i did get a good deal and have the original....IF the above listing was for "Originals"

FWIW, they (and other models of the Nationals) are available from an online source for $87 shipped.  He has a lot of other reasonably priced items to defray the shipping. No Tax to NC. Was pleased with his service and also talked to him.

PM me if someone wants the vendor...  Don't know if I can post it here without violating the TOU.

Thanks for the quick responses.

C7@71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down