Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted

+4
james r chapman
zanemoseley
Jon Eulette
bmize1
8 posters

Go down

Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted  Empty Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted

Post by bmize1 1/28/2021, 11:18 pm

There is one of the  above pistol in like new condition with 2-5rd mags on GB and I handled it a bit today.
What is the general consensus on these ?
I shoot a dedicated 22 conversion and have a few other 22’s for fun matches, 41, Victor MKII.....
I have been following the advice I was given when I started this game 4-5 years ago and stick with the same grip and trigger for 22 CF and 45.

I really know nothing about the euro pistols and have been avoiding the discussions on them.

Seems like the 208 and a few others are the Queen of the BE dance and just don’t remember any discussion about the Benelli.

And since I am a southpaw, my options are limited unless I want a set of custom grips made even before I can shoot any of them.

So how about a little education for me please.

Thanks

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted  Empty Re: Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted

Post by Jon Eulette 1/29/2021, 12:00 am

My 2 cents will be short for once. I liked how they shot but did not like the trigger. Trigger has limited adjustments compared to the higher end euro guns. If I owned one I’d tear trigger group apart and heavily modify it to my liking.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted  Empty Re: Benelli MP 95 Atlanta opinion wanted

Post by zanemoseley 1/29/2021, 12:02 am

Get a 208s, with slab grips it's the perfect marriage of 1911 geometry and a sweet 2 stage trigger. So far I haven't foind anything close to as good, my new MG2 might give it a run for its money but too early to tell. Benelli parts may be hard to get but maybe some owners will chime in.

zanemoseley

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/29/2021, 4:31 am

Mine has erratic ejection. If you mount a dot, it generally covers the ejection port and occasional cases will bounce back in blocking the action.
Trigger indeed is less adjustable than others.
Parts are “iffy” and expensive when available.
Accurate guns.
Mine had the extractor mechanism fly out and still functional as a blow back.
Jim Henderson supplies parts.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 1/29/2021, 7:36 am

I have one that used to be my primary 22 until I bought a Pardini. The Benelli is just as accurate and I think it balances better but like Jon said the trigger lacks adjustability. I was just about to buy a MP90 trigger group (pricey) but I ran across my Pardini.

Bill
messenger
messenger

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt444 1/29/2021, 10:29 am

I have the MP95E and it's a shooter.  Very good sights, balances well.  Maintenance is key to keeping it shooting reliably.  For that you need parts which Jim Henderson can provide.  As mentioned the trigger, while fairly decent does lack some adjustment.  It is adjustable for weight and over-travel.  It is a two stage with a slight amount of creep.  Weight can be added under the barrel.  Overall, a fairly decent bullseye gun, but if I had it to do over again, I'd buy a Walther GSP.
oldsalt444
oldsalt444

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 1/30/2021, 9:42 am

Nice sights , excellent accuracy, a little nose heavy poor reliability.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 1/31/2021, 10:44 am

rich.tullo wrote:Nice sights , excellent accuracy, a little nose heavy poor reliability.

I have found reliability varies from pistol to pistol. I had two. My first one I had all kinds of reliability problems. Sent it to Larry plus $400 and it still would not shoot CCI and other bargain ammo. As long as SK, Wolf, Lapua were used it ran great. I ended up selling it with that warning. My other one is like a Glock. It will run anything. The only problem is with the Larry's scope mount which slightly hangs over the ejection port will once in a while deflect a casing back into the port for a stove pipe. I believe Jim had the same problem. If using just rings this won't happen. I like the balance. YMMV.

Bill
messenger
messenger

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bmize1 1/31/2021, 10:57 am

Thanks for all the info.
Guess I’ll pass on the benelli.

I’ll start looking for a 208s that is not worn out then since I bought a set of LH grips for one already......

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/31/2021, 11:46 am

Don’t pass on it if the $ is right!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

bmize1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 2/2/2021, 7:29 pm

messenger wrote:
rich.tullo wrote:Nice sights , excellent accuracy, a little nose heavy poor reliability.

I have found reliability varies from pistol to pistol. I had two. My first one I had all kinds of reliability problems. Sent it to Larry plus $400 and it still would not shoot CCI and other bargain ammo. As long as SK, Wolf, Lapua were used it ran great. I ended up selling it with that warning. My other one is like a Glock. It will run anything. The only problem is with the Larry's scope mount which slightly hangs over the ejection port will once in a while deflect a casing back into the port for a stove pipe. I believe Jim had the same problem. If using just rings this won't happen. I like the balance. YMMV.

Bill
I agree the scope mount makes problems, I hear cutting a slot fixes that although Larry swore it did nothing. I found adjusting the mag lips like a HS helped. I found shooting irons I had few problems unless the shell ejected and feel straight down into the chamber. 

Also if you have good eyes the sights are so nice on that gun you do not need a dot and it is a TF and RF machine.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkVII 9/18/2022, 11:07 am

Best trigger of all the bullseye guns ever! Yes, you can adjust MP90, but MP95 is perfect out of the box and is better than most adjustable ones from germany or US. Also get yourself a nice wooden grip of a proper size. Scope mount is not a problem if you use a proper modern red dot, not those antiquated monsters.

MarkVII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down