Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alterative to Aimpoint H1 or H2

+4
rburk
Tripscape
javaduke
jshank
8 posters

Go down

Alterative to Aimpoint H1 or H2 Empty Alterative to Aimpoint H1 or H2

Post by jshank Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:41 am

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to the Aimpoint H1 or H2?

I have a couple of H1 mounted on various Bullseye 22 pistols and like the size and weight of the Aimpoint H1.

I am looking for another optic to mount on my S&W m41 which is lower in price than the Aimpoint’s but having a similar look, size, and weight. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks

jshank

Back to top Go down

Alterative to Aimpoint H1 or H2 Empty Re: Alterative to Aimpoint H1 or H2

Post by javaduke Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:57 am

I have a few different red dot sights of the same or a similar form factor (including the Aimpoint H2), but so far my favorite is Sig Romeo5, it's relatively inexpensive and has a nice round dot.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:40 am

Holosun, in different configurations. If I understand it correct the Holosun company made and still makes the Romeo 5 and above micro (but not reflex) sights for Sig.  Their warranty is worse, but quality on par with Sig.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by rburk Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:24 pm

I don't own an Aimpoint, but I do have a Primary Arms MD-ADS slide mounted on my 45.  It has about 3000 rounds through it, no problems so far.  Only thing I don't like is the big white "Made in China" writing on the bottom.

rburk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:37 pm

If I am not mistakng the Primary Arms is a sister company of Holosun, while Holosun other dvision makes Sig micro dots. So it's almost like Primary Arms < Holosun < Sig Romeo micros. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:04 pm

The MD-ADS dots used to get great reviews before being discontinued. I have had good luck with several but none used on high impact slide mounted CF applications. I put one on my new MD2 and did well with it today. Not entirely sure who makes them for PA.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Alterative to Aimpoint H1 or H2 Empty Sig Romeo 5

Post by Russ OR Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Tired of the negative magnification w/ the newer U'dot 25s, I tried a Holosun HS403b.- LIKE IT on my B'mark. - - So got a Sig Romeo5; LIKE IT on the JM 625 revolver. I now have 2 of the Holosuns and 2 of the Romeo5s (all 2 MOA dots).-only Question now is how they'll last. - Prefer the Romeo5 for slightly easier battery install & handier on/off.

I haven't tried one on the wadgun yet-partly because I think it's lenses'd get slimed w/ oil.  

Repeat info:
That JM625 - I got it used 7 years ago. I really like it. Bonus:You can wedge a "tap" in the frame where the hammer falls & dry-fire T&R.    Russ

Russ OR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:41 pm

"[size=45]Question now is how they'll last."[/size]

A very long time )). Many people use these in extreme applications and if I am not mistaken with my researchon this subject their electronics are also potted, like Aimpoint. Let's be honest, there are failures with any product, it's all about luck and not pushing it )). You can take a total crap product, beat the hell out of it and it still works. You can take the best product and baby it and it breaks. It's all about average reliability, and average reliability for Primary Arms, Sig optics and Vortex optics is superb.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:12 pm

I did a lot of thinking about it today. I needed another good dot and it's almost my birthday so I treated myself. All those great choices. Add Nikon to the list of great choices. With all the dots I own and with all those great choices I bought another Sightron S30-5. At those prices it is the best bang for the buck. Definitely not a micro but I have a lot of those. I see it going on a Mark4.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by dieselguy624 Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:04 am

I just went with a romeo5 on a Trailside using KCL31's mount.  I really like it.  My question is will Totts tubes fit?  I get a little bit of glare on our indoor range from the overhead lights behind us.

dieselguy624

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down