Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement

5 posters

Go down

Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement  Empty Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement

Post by Arthur 2/13/2021, 8:26 am

Folks 

The blade portion of my original RO rear sight is very loose. Can I get some recommended brands for replacing the whole sight? Really want the same width opening as the original, and better quality. This is for my Leg gun. 

Looking at Dawson, and Kensight. The Kensight seems more target oriented. 

https://stores.kensight.com/lpa-trt-kensight-1911-sight-set-squared-blade-serrated-0-200-front-sight/

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-lpa-cut-adjustable-black-rear-sight/

Thanks 
Arhur

Arthur

Back to top Go down

Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement  Empty Re: Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement

Post by Bigtrout 2/13/2021, 8:58 am

Arthur, try calling SA customer service.  It may be covered under warranty.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement  Empty Re: Springfield RO Rear Sight Replacement

Post by Rush223 2/13/2021, 12:46 pm

Kensight are good, probably same quality as the original BoMar sights. Wilson Combat also makes a replacement. Look at Brownell’s website, they have numerous replacements. 
But Springfield does have a lifetime warranty. They should repair or replace it free. You may need to send them the slide for replacement, maybe not. 
Rush

Rush223

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 2/14/2021, 8:48 am

Like you, I favor the Kensight for the kind of shooting you are doing. Make sure that the rear sight matches with the height and width of your front sight. I only have one pistol with the SA adjustable rear sight. It is stiff and therefore hard to adjust, especially if it needs to be done repeatedly like from the long line dope, to the short line.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasref 2/14/2021, 10:29 am

Harrison Design makes some nice ones. I replaced my original RO rear with his.
Very nice guy and will gladly accept phone inquiries.
Name is John Harrison.

Texasref

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur 2/21/2021, 8:20 am

Thanks for the input. Kensight is on order. Really didn't want to let the gun or parts of it get out of my hands. No way to be sure how long Springfield would take to get it back to me. Not confident is shipping / mail services at this time either. 

Best 
Arthur

Arthur

bruce martindale likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down