Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWS pistol match

+2
LenV
Dehumanizer
6 posters

Go down

RWS pistol match Empty RWS pistol match

Post by Dehumanizer 3/23/2021, 7:59 pm

The first time I shot RWS I wasn't sure if I was happy with it. Today I sighted in my red dot with it and I have to say I am pretty pleased at its accuracy. Shot a triple x and didn't seem to kick as hard as the remington gold bullets. (Hey I shoot with what I can get my hands on right now) I shoot on Saturday and am pretty excited for what the potential is. There is some additional bullet drop but hopefully I have it figured out.

900ish fps had me concerned at first but we will see if it ends up being my ammo of choice post pandemic.

So what is it for you? Subsonic or supersonic?

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

RWS pistol match Empty Re: RWS pistol match

Post by LenV 3/23/2021, 11:43 pm

Subsonic....unless it's really cold.
LenV
LenV

Dehumanizer likes this post

Back to top Go down

RWS pistol match Empty 710 FPS

Post by Gustavo1957 3/24/2021, 5:54 am

Not in a pistol, but the old box CCI labeled -  Quiet  Target on the box at 710 FPS is super accurate in my Walther UIT Target Rifle inside at 50'.

The great advantage is that you don't need hearing protection it's so quiet. Other shooters were looking to make sure I didn't have a squib issue.

Last edited by Gustavo1957 on 3/24/2021, 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected FPS to 710)

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 3/24/2021, 9:44 am

I bought many bricks of RWS Pistol and Rifle Match before the drought and they are very accurate and reliable in a Marvel and M41.   I too had the impression it was soft shooting.

Geco is made at same factories and is similar, but I found it to not be as spot on with accuracy.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

RWS pistol match Empty Subsonic vs Supersonic

Post by croesler 3/31/2021, 6:11 am

Supersonic speed at sea level is 1127 FPS.  Anything under is subsonic.  I just bought a single box per day allotment from a local retailer who got in some CCI Subsonic.  It shows 1050 FPS compared to an old box of CCI std velocity showing 1070 FPS.  So actually both are subsonic.  My Federal AutoMatch ammo shows an expected velocity of 1200 FPS, and is definitely snappier and louder.  I seem to recall someone telling me the Aquila pistol match and super-extra are both under 1000 FPS.  For what its all worth.
croesler
croesler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dehumanizer 3/31/2021, 6:33 am

I did some internet sleuthing and there are some that believe supersonic rounds accuracy can be affected by the sonic boom catching up with the round before it gets to the 50 yd target. Not only that but air resistance can do funny things at supersonic speeds.

Dehumanizer

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/31/2021, 2:39 pm

croesler wrote:Supersonic speed at sea level is 1127 FPS.  Anything under is subsonic.  I just bought a single box per day allotment from a local retailer who got in some CCI Subsonic.  It shows 1050 FPS compared to an old box of CCI std velocity showing 1070 FPS.  So actually both are subsonic.  My Federal AutoMatch ammo shows an expected velocity of 1200 FPS, and is definitely snappier and louder.  I seem to recall someone telling me the Aquila pistol match and super-extra are both under 1000 FPS.  For what its all worth.

Many times the rated velocity is in a rifle barrel, and is therefore lower when fired from a pistol. Ammo specified explicitly for pistol would of course state that number on the box, if so.

A "snappier" feel is not always solely from velocity. The burn time of the powder has a lot to do with it too. Pistols, with their short barrels, require faster burning powder. Rifle loads will feel softer, in addition to not reaching their design velocity, in a pistol. But many rifle rounds can still cross over very well into a pistol.

Subsonic is definitely the way to go for bullseye.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down