Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado

4 posters

Go down

SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado Empty SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado

Post by C7@71 Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:37 pm

I will leave this up to the Moderators as to the level and where they want it. There are TWO companies that have the same name....

Best Defense Armory and Range.  One is a seemingly legitimate site in Minnesota and has a FB presence and when you call in, you will have the phone answered, assuming that personnel are available.  

The other is a website of the SAME NAME (BestDefenseArmoryandRange.com).  It is listed as a street corner in Colorado Springs, CO. However, have not been able to find a franchise tax license or such for that name and address.

A friend, who is usually pretty paranoid, called and wanted to split a 5K box of primers. He got suspicious and called and we went over the details. I had a "inkling" of a recollection of a really interesting museum (DragonMans.com) and the sites had some similarity ....or to the best of my memory.

After doing a quick search, I discovered the FB site in MN and we called the store. YES, that is a scam....and they were trying to get their name and the site delisted. It was a case of Identity or Business Name Theft.  They were getting phone calls from folks, via the FB presence demanding to know WHERE their orders were. Supposedly, the orders were placed and confirmed....but NO SHIPPING.

My buddy was on the conference call and filled in the rest. The order form started acting suspicious and the payment instructions said that there was an "error" in the information and generated a "site" to where you could use maybe...PayPal. He balked. He also did a chat or message and the email address that returned it was a computer generated one....26 characters of total random characters.

Did a little more digging, there IS a gun shop near that intersection and it gets varying good and bad reviews so maybe the OTHER site is trying to piggy back on.

The General Manager of the MN site said that occassionally, they had reached a person (Google Phone number which seems to be flaky) and the individual was not conversant in English nor had any firearms knowledge....or perhaps that was what an irate, and duped, customer(s) had complained to the REAL site about.

There appears to be little info out there....so, my point.....be CAUTIOUS....  If you decide to order, then use a credit card that will allow you to reverse the charge....and the alternate site appeared to be the same concept as the Ransome Payment sites that are third party and you have difficulty in reversing.

NOW....if folks have ordered and got their merchandise....then I apologize and will edit and correct. BUT for the interim....Byer BEWARE...

Last edited by C7@71 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total

C7@71

Back to top Go down

SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado Empty Re: SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado

Post by kjanracing Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:57 am

Boulder is a long ways from Colorado Springs.  But, good to know about the scam.
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado Empty Re: SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado

Post by C7@71 Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:20 am

Fixed location.  Good catch.  The addresses were in Colorado Springs....not Boulder

C7@71

kjanracing likes this post

Back to top Go down

SCAM ALERT - Best Defense Armory And Range - Colorado Springs, Colorado Empty Extra info

Post by Holdmonkey Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 pm

Saturday evening I saw a site claiming to have primers. I am an optimist and the price was good...too good. They wanted a VENMO number, which I wasn't familiar with. While looking it up, I found this thread and realized I was close to being had. Next Morning I get an email that my order was ready for shipment, just need payment confirmation. Advised whoever to cancel that shipment( as payment won't be forthcoming). Got a text this morning advising me of my shop pay number. Don't know if y'all can use it to try to track them down, but here it is (928) 793-0616 (Arizona area code).I appreciate y'all helping save me a couple hundred bucks, likely.

Holdmonkey

C7@71 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lee212 Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:39 am

Thanks for the heads up bud

lee212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down