Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fusion Firearms

5 posters

Go down

Fusion Firearms  Empty Fusion Firearms

Post by John McCormick 3/28/2021, 4:24 pm

A check of the archives indicates hit-and-miss regarding the quality of Fusion 1911s. Does anyone have any recent experience with them? I'm looking for a basic government model to build a fixed-sight 1911 for Bullseye using an Aristocrat rib that I have on hand. It's not my top priority by any means, but Fusion is located about ten minutes from me here in Venice, FL. I'm not interested in building a gun from the ground up. I want to start with a finished, functioning pistol, add the rib, and then replace smaller parts as needed.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Fusion Firearms  Empty Re: Fusion Firearms

Post by rich.tullo 3/28/2021, 9:06 pm

They are nice I believe the owner used to be the production manager at Dan Wesson.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/28/2021, 11:43 pm

Your timing is perfect. I took my new fusion Ultra match barrel to the range yesterday and had multiple problems. Failure to feed, failure to eject and failure to hit squat. The first two I can polish and grind to submission. Still thinking about last problem. I put a new dot and barrel on at same time. Urgh.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere 3/29/2021, 5:17 am

A Springfield Mil-Spec would fit the bill.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 3/29/2021, 8:20 am

The term "match" is thrown around way too much.. if there is no fitting required then good luck
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by John McCormick 3/29/2021, 10:00 am

Outthere wrote:A Springfield Mil-Spec would fit the bill.

I've heard and read good things about them. It's probably going to come down to a choice between that one and the Fusion. And as tempting as it is to lean towards Fusion because of their nearby location, I need to keep in mind that a gun made 1000 miles away, and done right, wouldn't have to go back in the first place.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down