Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match

5 posters

Go down

Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match Empty Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match

Post by James Hensler Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Does anyone else procrastinate as bad as I do? From cleaning and shooting a few rounds to carbon the bore to cleaning the truck to making last minute ammo for my 45, 32, and 38. Got to pack up the other gear like my cooler a d folding wagon and so on and so on! Why do I wait????
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match Empty Shoot prep

Post by xman Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:15 pm

James Hensler wrote:Does anyone else procrastinate as bad as I do? From cleaning and shooting a few rounds to carbon the bore to cleaning the truck to making last minute ammo for my 45, 32, and 38. Got to pack up the other gear like my cooler a d folding wagon and so on and so on! Why do I wait????
All my shoots are big shoots none are "small". Keep my pistol box stocked and misc. box stocked too within one day after shooting a match. Run a bore snake, clean as required, Inventory ammo by lot number. I am a .22 only shooter ...2700s. Vehicle is always clean except for targets and centers for weekly practice, about 150 shots, sometimes more. Empty the cooler sack, put blue ice away and place more water in fridge for next practice and match. Keep folding chair in backseat (SUV) Have not yet used the folding cart yet. But I research the range (If I have not been there yet) to see if parking is "close" to firing area.
Make my lunch the night before.

So I am all set to just grab my equipment, misc. box, lunch and folding cart. Takes 15 minutes to load up. And my misc. box has a LOT of stuff. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Yes I do not reload so that is a different kettle of fish in preparations. You need discipline in your prep routines I guess. FWIW

You have to train yourself to prep, just like training to shoot. I came from a long time rifle background....now that's a lot of stuff.

Last edited by xman on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added reloading part)
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match Empty Re: Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match

Post by OldShooter43 Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:19 am

The old rational is... "I work better under pressure".  Cool

OldShooter43

SteveT and James Hensler like this post

Back to top Go down

Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match Empty Re: Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match

Post by James Hensler Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:41 pm

Ok final practice is in the books so tomorrow is cleaning day. I clean everything except the bore. I will run a few patches through them but that’s it. Then after that a few hundred reloads and that’s all done!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by rwleonard Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:06 pm

OldShooter43 wrote:The old rational is... "I work better under pressure".  Cool
My wife quips, "Yeah, because you do your only work under pressure."

rwleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Lmao! Very same thing here! I’m an old Marine so I am used to being 4 hours early but not anymore!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm

On done!!Why do I always wait until the last minute to get ready for a big match 2269b510
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 pm

I typically don’t start loading for a local match until midnight before the match. Then I barely wake up on time and have to do triple digits on my way to the match. The good life!
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

James Hensler and Motophotog7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:49 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:I typically don’t start loading for a local match until midnight before the match. Then I barely wake up on time and have to do triple digits on my way to the match. The good life!
Jon
Hey Army aren’t we a little toooo old to do that anymore? I worry about a heart attack! Lmao

And Jon this is a Regional! Lol
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Everything is done except detailing my truck! You know if you can’t shoot good you got to look good!!
James Hensler
James Hensler

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down