Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions Empty Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions

Post by PaulTudor Fri May 24, 2013 1:21 pm

We are trying to set up an INFORMAL Concealed Carry Match following our normal BE league. The OBJECTIVE is to get all of us shooting our CCW guns more. It is not intended as a fast draw but rather starting with the gun on the bench and shooting at 7 yards. Our Targets will be IDPA type and a "Pie Plate" target to force movement of the gun. Not going to separate between calibers. We are limiting to 5 shots - no reloading. Two strings of 5 shots each. Each five shot string would be timed and scored separately. We will time the shooter and subtract the time from the score for a total.

One of the issues we want to avoid is race guns and full size 1911's with red dots. Are there any other people who do something like this? Any ideas would be appreciated. We would like simple rules. I really would appreciate any ideas or comments. Thank you.

Paul R Tudor

PaulTudor

Back to top Go down

Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions Empty Re: Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 am

I would start with the simple 48 round "qualifier" match
12 rnds in 25 sec @ 7 yds
12 rnd in 25 sec @ 17 yds
18 rnds in 90 sec- kneeling, r&l barricades @25 yds
6 rnds in 12 @ 25 yds
If it's a ccw class match ONLY ccw guns & holsters qualify for score
run the match from low ready first & if noone is a doofus draw from holster (still loading on command). Every shooter needs a spotter until everyone is comfortable, especially the guy running the match.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions Empty Re: Trying to set up an INFORMAL CCW match after BE League - Suggestions

Post by DRNurse1 Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Great Idea, I will take it to my club. Any thought about steel targets? Bang-Clank may provide better feedback than cardboard IDPA targets.

DRNurse1

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 pm

I often soften my disappointment in my BE efforts with the happy sound of falling steel, it does occur to me that the harder I work at BE the luckier I get in the other areas of endevor. Apparently mastering the basics still applies to any succesfull endevor.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down