Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP?

2 posters

Go down

Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP? Empty Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP?

Post by javaduke 6/11/2021, 9:31 am

Folks, pardon my ignorance, I know it's an FAQ but I can't find my notes file so I thought I'd ask here. How low can I go on the Bullseye powder charge with 185gr JHP bullets? I'm planning to use Zero and ASYM for the long line, but need a lighter load for the short line. Is 3.7gr BE enough? It's for my ball gun, so no slide mounted dots or ribs, and I can play with the recoil springs, so cycling shouldn't be a problem.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP? Empty Re: Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP?

Post by PhotoEscape 6/11/2021, 9:46 am

I finalized load at 3.8gr BE for anything in 185JHP for both LL and SL, Eugene.  With lighter recoil spring (and recoil buffer) you probably will be able to drop below that.  I'd guess all way down to 3.4gr.  Needless to say, accuracy must be tested....

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP? Empty Re: Lightest BE charge for 185gr Nosler JHP?

Post by javaduke 6/11/2021, 9:53 am

Well then, I think with 3.7gr I'll be almost there, again, this is strictly for the short line, so I'm not overly concerned about the accuracy Smile
I guess I can just reuse the dies setup for my LSWC load then, the OAL must be more or less the same, as well as the powder drop and the crimp.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down