Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Base for RedDot

3 posters

Go down

Base for RedDot Empty Base for RedDot

Post by binski 5/30/2013, 5:21 pm

For the guys with a Springfield Range Officer,what base are you using?And what size or MOA seems to be the best on the Reddot.I have a Match Dot on a Ruger MkII,and I seem to use 6 or 8 most of the time.I've only shot one match, but I can see I will surely need a optic of some sort. binski

binski

Back to top Go down

Base for RedDot Empty Re: Base for RedDot

Post by Rob Kovach 5/30/2013, 7:59 pm

I use the 1" ultradot--the one that doesn't have any size adjustments. It's lighter than the match dot, and I like the dot size and the guarantee. I have it mounted on a Leutenegger mount rail with the areas where the sights milled off. I can switch back and forth between irons and dot very easily.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by binski 5/30/2013, 8:38 pm

Thanks Rob.I have the 30mm Match Dot and can't decide on the 6 or 8 MOA.I need to find a base and have it mounted,(thinking slide mount) for my RO.Clark shows a mount for a GOLD CUP,but I don't know if it will fit on my RO.I'll send them a e-mail and find out!

binski

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 5/31/2013, 5:41 am

Weigand frame mount with a 30mm matchdot 2. Absolutely love it!
I leave it on 2 MOA and will generally increase the brightness on the short line.

Dot size is a bit subjective. My sons arm is very shaky so he likes having the dot as big as possible to make the movement seem less and this does help him shoot better.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down