Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight

3 posters

Go down

Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight Empty Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight

Post by Jambat 6/29/2021, 11:39 am

I have this Ruger MkIII 22/45 with a Volquartsen trigger mechanism that does not pass the trigger weight requirement for EIC.
Would there be someone here going to Cardinal who could fix it for me before the EIC match?

Jambat

Back to top Go down

Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight Empty Re: Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight

Post by Jon Eulette 6/29/2021, 12:00 pm

Did you install the VQ parts yourself? If so, you can try putting the stock trigger return spring back in (some kits have that) or bend the sear spring to add additional weight.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

cdrt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight Empty Re: Emergency adjustment of Ruger MkIII trigger weight

Post by Jambat 6/29/2021, 12:10 pm

I did install the kit myself, but I don't trust my skills when it comes to tweak it, plus I don't have anything to measure the resulting weight.
I will pay for this service in any of the usual currencies: dollars, whisky, beer or ammo.

Jambat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 6/29/2021, 4:02 pm

I don't know how much Ruger work he does, but Doug Hall will be there. I'd reach out to him. Worst case scenario, someone (including me) will have a 22 you can shoot.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jambat 6/30/2021, 10:59 pm

I lost the original trigger return spring. I'll try and contact Mr Hall.

If he reads this or you have a contact, please PM me. Thanks.

Jambat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down