Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calif legal 22 target pistol

+4
divingin
john bickar
Jon Eulette
WesG
8 posters

Go down

Calif legal 22 target pistol Empty Calif legal 22 target pistol

Post by WesG 8/9/2021, 10:41 pm

A friend asking me for a recommendation. It appears none of the snazzy Volquartsen pistols are available. Not too surprising. What stunned me is the only 22 handguns Ruger can sell are revolvers.

Am I missing something?

I'm suggesting she just spring for a Pardini, since it's on the 'Olympic Pistol' exemption list ;-)

WesG

Back to top Go down

Calif legal 22 target pistol Empty Re: Calif legal 22 target pistol

Post by Jon Eulette 8/9/2021, 11:16 pm

Where is she located in Kommifornia?
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 8/9/2021, 11:40 pm

Bay Area.

I suggested a 1911 and a Nelson. I'm bringing mine with me ... whenever I manage to hit the road.

Browning? I've seen comments that they shoot well but the triggers suck. I think she liked my M-41. I *know* she liked my 16-4 with cast bullets.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/9/2021, 11:44 pm

Sigh.

Short answer: pick something off of the existing Olympic exempt list.

Longer answer: we need a better way to get more guns onto the list. I used to have an "in"; it's literally impossible to get in touch with anyone in the CA DOJ or BOF now. It's codified in CA law that USAS can certify guns to be on the Olympic exempt list, but nobody in CA DOJ/BOF will return calls from USAS.

The situation is ripe for a lawsuit, but "I ain't tha 1". I'm thankful that Sandy Santibañez tilted at this particular windmill before I moved here.
john bickar
john bickar

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/9/2021, 11:48 pm

We might be able to get some traction with USAS in the post-Olympic lull. Jason's gonna be bored this October Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 8/10/2021, 1:45 pm

Her:
"hey, it is a shopping list"

I think little chance she'd ever take up Bullseye. She just wants something cool and slick to play with. I was mainly *shocked* you can't get a Ruger ...

She liked the idea of smallbore silhouette, but the 'show up at 8 am' thing made it a non-starter ;-)

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 8/10/2021, 7:58 pm

We're in a holding pattern regarding guests at SRGC. I'll know more after Thursday. My usual recommendation would be to show up at Sunnyvale on a Wednesday and give me a heads-up and I'll have a .22 pistol and ammo for ya, but we're in a weird spot right now. Sorry I can't tell you more.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 8/13/2021, 4:31 pm

I'm gonna be back soon. And I'll have pistols ... and a couple of those longer/heavier/easier things as well. Not planning on being there 'long', but dont really know what 'long' currently is ;-) I got stuff to do here as well. Sure would be nice to get in a cool evening for a relaxing 120 shots. Skipping the *HOT* 2700 sunday to improve my odds of surviving the drive. But I got in 2 recently, and 3 rifle matches. Might have been more but we had some rain... and snow ... and ice ...

Those I can deal with. It's the damn chiggers eating me alive that drive me nuts.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by divingin 8/27/2021, 4:49 pm

S&W Model 41 is on the Olympic exemption list (or was, last I looked.) Pardini is sexier though.

Might keep an eye out on the Calguns forum marketplace; Ruger Mark's come up for sale occasionally.

divingin

troystaten likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 9/7/2021, 10:03 pm

I took some CA  orders for High Standard Victor "X-Series" Target Pistols at Camp Perry in July. Several of the High Standard pistols are covered under the Olympic Exemption. The pistols are ready and, I am just waiting for the Office to get our CA Permit Number and figure out the Hazmat Warning Issues. Please check out our website highstandardfirearmsusa.com or call me @ 713-476-0888. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

Back to top Go down

Post by alaronstein 9/14/2021, 7:47 pm

OFM Corp JUST (about 3 minutes ago) received our California DOJ Number to ship to CA. We can now ship the High Standard Models to CA that are on the Olympic Exemption List. I am sure that we will come up with the proper Hazmat tags to put on the pistols by Wednesday AM. - Alan Aronstein

alaronstein

flyer898 and SingleActionAndrew like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 9/14/2021, 9:06 pm

Alan
Congratulations! Weve been fortunate that you and Interarms continue to manufacture new HS pistols and support the vintage models. One of these days I want to compare my E Hartford Victor to the new slant grip Victor some day!

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by flyer898 9/16/2021, 11:53 pm

For those of you stuck in CA, any C&R handgun is exempt from the roster.

flyer898

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 9/17/2021, 12:10 am

flyer898 wrote:For those of you stuck in CA, any C&R handgun is exempt from the roster.

And I believe (I'm not a lawyer) that anything more than 50 years old is still classified as C&R.

I'm nudging USAS for adding more legitimate guns to the Olympic exempt list. The ball is in my court on this one now.

I think that getting a gun onto the Olympic exempt list in CA should have a more formal process than, "John knows a guy." It used to be so. But right now, I need to talk to a guy, and the guy needs to talk to someone else, and someone else needs to talk to the CA DOJ...

...you see where this goes.

I'm doing what I can.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 9/17/2021, 12:14 am

Sounds fun. At least it's worth it with your low cost of living and all Smile

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content