Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions

4 posters

Go down

Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions Empty Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions

Post by RodJ 8/23/2021, 1:45 pm

At folks recommendation, I got a copy of what appears to be the first edition of the PST - looks just like the 2nd edition but it doesn’t say second edition on the cover. And the price on the cover is lower - $2.50 vs $2.95.

Does anyone know or think that the second edition is also worth picking up?  Some sellers are awfully proud. One asking $999(!)

Guessing that it includes all that is in the first with additional articles.

Bonus questions - 
Do you find certain articles really spoke to you? Maybe that you reread?  

Favorite articles and ones you would commend to a new BE shooter (like me)?

Any that really crystallize some aspect of the sport?

What an awesome book. God bless the authors and Mr. Hebard.

Thanks!
Rod “I’m a Newbie” Johnson

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions Empty Re: Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions

Post by Jack H 8/23/2021, 5:34 pm

All the articles are good.  I got the biggest charge from lines by Blankenship and White.

I have a second edition available.  $60 shipped.

It has Price $5.95 on the cover.  It is very good condition, but I highlighted some important lines of text.  Not bad though.

Also have about a half dozen other Hebard catalogs and books available.  Numbers 18, 19, 22, 33, 1959-60 issue, and Catalog of Rare Firearms.  Will place a proper ad soon.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions Empty Re: Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions

Post by dannyd93140 8/23/2021, 8:34 pm

Ordered one off Amazon today.
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Editions of Pistol Shooter’s Treasury and More Questions Empty I liked the articles on the 22 lr pistols and the SW model 52

Post by CrankyThunder 8/23/2021, 8:43 pm

I have read it a couple of times and I have to say that my favorite chapters are the article where they evaluated every 22 LR pistol available and the discussion on the SW model 52.  

What was enlightening was the final evaluations on the accuracy of the different 22 LR pistols.  Will not spoil it for you but very interesting and thought provoking.  

The model 52 article was just plain fascinating.  

I need to re read the interview with the Russian shooter, not sure I understood the points he was trying to make the first couple times I read it. 

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyd93140 8/30/2021, 9:02 pm

Got my copy today; looks interesting
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 9/28/2021, 11:40 am

Lunch time musing… the most important “article” in the entire Treasury may be the Preface.  In particular, Hebard writes 

“…how to shoot a pistol well.  As you read the different authors you will find a strong thread of similarity— a common denominator, if you will, in their writing.  They all say the same thing but each says it in his own way.  Recognizing this common denominator is the secret to getting something out of this book.”

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down