Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W Victory

+2
bmize1
Axehandle
6 posters

Go down

S&W Victory Empty S&W Victory

Post by Axehandle 9/16/2021, 2:38 pm

Range buddy has one of the, relatively speaking,  BIG MONEY Performance Center versions with the composite sheath on the barrel.  The scope base is mounted on the slide.  The slide to frame fit is loose and sloppy.  With the red dot on the slide I can't see any use for this thing outside of shooting speed steel.  If it had a steel barrel I might see D&T the barrel and move the scope base there.  You guys have any experiences with these things?

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

S&W Victory Empty Re: S&W Victory

Post by bmize1 9/16/2021, 6:46 pm

My Victory has a solid upper receiver like the Ruger MK series and the scope base screws to the upper, not the bolt.

Bolt is square instead of round like the Ruger is.
Mine is a steel barrel and shoots very well.
I didn’t like the round butt so I added a set of Volquartsen target grips and Tandemcross trigger.

bmize1

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH 9/16/2021, 8:30 pm

The SW22 with a standard barrel shoots extremely well, and all it needs is a decent trigger job. The scope base mounts on the frame and not on the slide. I could very routinely shoot high expert, master scores with it and that only because the limit was my skill and not the gun…..
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 9/16/2021, 8:51 pm

I had one when they first came out and it shot very well, even with the factory trigger. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a low cost starter gun.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by K7ZS 9/16/2021, 10:01 pm

Slide to Frame 'sloppy'?  That doesn't make sense.  The barrel and frame are bolted together, I wonder if the barrel to frame has come loose?

This apparently has the carbon fiber coated Volquartsen barrel. I have seen numerous comparisons and the factory steel bull barrel shoots just as straight.  Heat buildup

I switched to the Tandemcross flat faced trigger and it made a very nice difference.  Not as good as my Ruger MkII with Volquartsen Accurizer kit, but very good with a clean break but more take up.

I put on a replacement, threaded barrel by Tactical Solutions which has the picatinny rail integral to the barrel that floats over the receiver for absolute zero on reassembly.

But, your description of SLOPPY FIT of the  'SLIDE' tells me there is something seriously wrong.  Perhaps the barrel to bolt housing/upper frame has come loose?

I think the victory for the money is an excellent starter, I got mine new for under $300.  Shoots better than I can!

GL

K7ZS

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 9/17/2021, 5:32 am

Thanks for the answers guys.  Just what I was looking for.  I'll look at this thing a little harder.  Didn't want to waste the time if it was a lost cause.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 9/17/2021, 12:49 pm

I have shot one off and on since they came out. I absolutely love it and it easily holds X ring at 50 from a rest! I only did the tandem cross trigger and hammer
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down