Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BritArms Model 2000 Mk2

4 posters

Go down

BritArms Model 2000 Mk2 Empty BritArms Model 2000 Mk2

Post by mag318 9/19/2021, 4:21 pm

I recently acquired this BritArms 2000 Mk2 because I like unusual pistols, and this one is unusual. When I first picked it up at my LGS I saw the standard mag release button but there was no cut out in the grips for a mag well. I then discovered to remove the magazine you have to lock the action open and when you hit the button the mag comes out the top. First pistol I've ever seen with this feature. Researching it a little it was made by a small British company which did well with them until the 1987 antigun laws were enacted that really decimated the target shooting sports in England. Any forum members have one of these pistols? If so I'd enjoy hearing your opinions on it. For me its a fun day at the range type of pistol.BritArms Model 2000 Mk2 A037a010
BritArms Model 2000 Mk2 A4266110
mag318
mag318

Back to top Go down

BritArms Model 2000 Mk2 Empty Re: BritArms Model 2000 Mk2

Post by lyman1903 9/19/2021, 4:34 pm

lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mag318 9/19/2021, 5:01 pm

Thanks Lyman for that link, it provides some good information. I put 100 rounds of CCI SV thru it and the pistol ran great. I enjoy taking guns like this to the range for an afternoon of seeing what kind of groups I can shoot. Next outing I'm going to try some Eley Pistol Match. Just wanted to see if any forum members have experience with these BritArms pistols.
mag318
mag318

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 9/19/2021, 7:37 pm

Try researchng FAS Domino 601, 602 and 603 (22short, lr and 32), as well as newer FAS 6007 (22lr). Don't know who copied who but it is exactly same design. Walther made a version as well, cannot remember the model. Then Walther repeated the same top loading desing in SSP line. I can speak for FAS, it was an accurate well balanced natural pointing gun with best trigger ever. Like butter. Top loading sucked as you will learn. Any at all feeding failures need you to remove magazine. Be watchful of shells falling into the grip. If you insert mag back in while shell is there, you can get the shell stuck and will need to remove the grip to fish it out. Else very fun gun when it feeds properly. Mags are built to break rocks, super solid. Design is simple and takes down super easy. I could not believe that something so good has so few parts.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Halhoyle 9/27/2021, 12:44 am

Here are pictures of my safe queen BritArms Model 2000 Mk2 1f609 Arrived with a broken back sight, but I acquired a replacement from Westlake (see attached history)
Attachments
BritArms Model 2000 Mk2 Attachment
Britarms 1'.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(24 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
Britarms 2.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(25 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
Westlake Engineering.docx You don't have permission to download attachments.(349 Kb) Downloaded 12 times

Halhoyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Halhoyle 9/27/2021, 12:47 am

[size=35]Westlake Engineering's Target Pistols[/size]

Britarms 2000

In the year 1986 Alan purchased Britarms and brought the Britarms .22 target pistol back into production. Once Rachel finished college she joined the company and started making the Britarms .22 pistols. The Britarms .22 was a .22LR Five shot semiautomatic pistol. During this time they also converted Smith and Western revolvers for U.I.T (I.S.S.F) target shooting.

Minimum recoil prototype

Then came the infamous 1997 ban which destroyed the sport of target pistol shooting for tens of thousands and caused the demise of approximately half of the rifle and pistol clubs in Britain. Due to this Alan then started to manufacture the Pheonix for disenfranchised I.S.S.F pistol shooters. The Pheonix was a Cal.36 in line striker Muzzle loading pistol. The Barrel/Receiver is made from Stainless steel, the frame is Anodized Aluminium, The Grip is carved from Walnut and had an adjustable palmshelf. The Rearsight was adjustable for Windage and Elevation.
                                                                                                        The Pheonix

A simplified version, the Clubmaster, was also developed to make a less expensive pistol. One downside to the Phoenix was that it used black powder and the amount of cleaning the firearm required after use spurred Alan on to begin Nitro Powder Conversions.

Halhoyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Halhoyle 9/27/2021, 12:48 am

The Nitro powder conversions of revolvers consisted of a new two part Stainless Steel cylinder of Alan's design in the original calibre, later came rebarreling in .38.  The first firearm to be converted this way was the .38 Remington black powder revolver which was then followed by the Ruger Old Army and the Rogers and Spencer. The Matchmaster Shroud was fitted to the Remington Army Revolver to give it a modern sight system and looks.

The Matchmaster Shroud

Then Alan started to work with the Britarms .22 again, except this time he converted it to the Britarms .22 long pistol. The Barrel shroud got machined away in front of the frame mounting lug, up as far as the centre line of the Barrel tube. This left a spur at the top on which the front sight is mounted. The Barrel tube was 300mm long and 12mm in diameter. A 5mm Diameter Balance weight rod was permanently fitted to the rear of the frame, bringing the total length of the pistol to over 600mm. Other than that, it was identical to the original 5 shot semi auto .22 Britarms Standard Pistol.

Britarms .22 long pistol

Due to the cost of converting the Britarms Alan decided to start converting Buckmark .22 rifles into long pistols, into either the standard or the lightweight version. This was a Blowback action .22 LR Semi-Automatic Long Pistol. It had a ten shot magazine which the bolt locked back after the last shot. To bring the centre of gravity back for single handed shooting, a balance rod with adjustable weights was fitted. The lightweight model also had the barrel turned down and the muzzle end threaded facilitating the fitting of an aluminium nut and shroud tube. As of 2017 Browning have stopped suppling the UK with the Buckmark, but if a customer can provide the rifle Alan will still do the conversion. (see products)

Halhoyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down