Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nyclad .38 wad cutters

4 posters

Go down

Nyclad .38 wad cutters Empty Nyclad .38 wad cutters

Post by tinky Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Starting to condense and found some of these ,four hundred,and can't find much on line about them.I know that I could load them in .38 or .38 plus p case but not with heavy loads.I have sold both of my Smith 52's and have a snuby and a Taurus .357 to use them in.What I have found is that they are out of production and several shooters would like to use them.Also found a partial box (30) S/W .38 with Nyclad semi wad cutters that I've had for many years.Any input as to value to a collector or another shooter.Still have a bunch of .357's loaded and both my Python and Smith 17 are also sold.  Getting short of tooth and saving my kids the trouble of who gets what.

tinky

Back to top Go down

Nyclad .38 wad cutters Empty Re: Nyclad .38 wad cutters

Post by lyman1903 Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:14 am

I picked some up in an estate and sold them on Gunbroker not long ago, 
they were the semi wad cutter models,   not target stuff

Federal Nyclads in 357 mag,  got $61 for the box of 50

some folks say they will go thru anything, with the nylon coating,,
somehow I doubt that is true
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Nyclad .38 wad cutters Empty Nyclad .38 wad cutters

Post by tinky Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks,,I read somewhere that they were meant to limit lead and others say that the Teflon (not Nylon)were the penetration bullets.Were yours loaded .357 semi wadcutter ammo at that price or just unloaded bullets.The 400 of mine aren't loaded.The Smith Wesson ammo that I mention are loaded .38 semi wadcutters.

tinky

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:24 pm

The whole "Teflon makes bullets armor piercing" crap was just anti-2nd Amendment BS spread by ignorant mass media and folks with an agenda.  IIRC, the Teflon was just supposed to act as a lubricant without having to deal with messier wax, and to possibly aid in feeding reliability.  Don't know about nylon, but I suspect it's about the same.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:13 pm

I suspect (without proof) that every bullet ever made could penetrate man worn armor. Just a small matter of velocity. Think rail gun. I know my Teflon coated Barne's will go thru a railroad tie. Long story . I'm not sure if it was the Teflon or the 106 gr of powder. Shocked
LenV
LenV

Motophotog7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:07 am

tinky wrote:Thanks,,I read somewhere that they were meant to limit lead and others say that the Teflon (not Nylon)were the penetration bullets.Were yours loaded .357 semi wadcutter ammo at that price or just unloaded bullets.The 400 of mine aren't loaded.The Smith Wesson ammo that I mention are loaded .38 semi wadcutters.

sorry for the delay, 

it was a box of 50 factory loaded rounds,
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down