Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any help from MP90S users?

2 posters

Go down

Any help from MP90S users? Empty Any help from MP90S users?

Post by ds1981 Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:41 pm

I recently bought 2nd hand a 32WC MP90S, no idea how old (serial number in the 1500s) had a few decent targets on the range, cleaned it and put it away. Then covid happened and the range was shut down for 18 months. (I live in Canada). I cleaned it up and oiled every so often, but getting ready to bring it to it's first match this year I noticed one of the dampers that space the trigger group to the underneath of the receiver was missing, and the other one fairly worn down. Is this a part that needs to be replaced every so often (like the bright red buffer)? If so what do you use for it? Seems fairly flimsy rubber or plastic so not v difficult to replace, in theory. Is it related to my major problem though:

The more serious issue is that once re-asssembled, the bolt doesn't slide back into battery or reset the trigger. The trigger breaks just fine out of the gun (in a gentle decocking way onto my thumb I hasten to add), and the bolt slides back and forth through the full travel nicely. They just don't want to play once re-assembled. I'm including a photo of the damper, the remaining one installed in the trigger group, and two photos to show the bolt travel once put back together.

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Daniel
Attachments
Any help from MP90S users? Attachment
IMG_4222.JPG damperYou don't have permission to download attachments.(21 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
IMG_4221.JPG empty hole where damper should be ...You don't have permission to download attachments.(54 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_4224.JPG bolt locked back normallyYou don't have permission to download attachments.(68 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_4223.JPG extent of forward travelYou don't have permission to download attachments.(65 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

ds1981

Back to top Go down

Any help from MP90S users? Empty Re: Any help from MP90S users?

Post by CraigB5940 Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:39 pm

I suspect that your problem is due to the trigger group rubber legs being worn/broken down. You could contact Jim Henderson at Cardinal Shooting Sports and ask him if he has them for your model and if he will ship to Canada.  Try  info@RedFeatherOutfitters.com

I've got a 22 MP 90 from 1998 and the rubber legs have held up. My 32 SWL MP 90 is from 2017 so it's too young to determine how long the rubber legs last on a 32 MP 90. Good Luck!

CraigB5940

Back to top Go down

Post by ds1981 Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Thanks Craig, that was my suspicion too. Will drop Jim an email and see. We can get parts shipped to Canada, if the store has the appropriate ITAR licence (long story). I have also contacted the local distributor an Bennelli Italia … we will see …

Btw what size are the legs from your gun? I may have to make something myself if I can’t find an actual part.

ds1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down