Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee APP vs ACP

+6
joeangi
TonyH
Wobbley
RoyDean
chopper
kohlerpartsgod
10 posters

Go down

Lee APP vs ACP Empty Lee APP vs ACP

Post by kohlerpartsgod Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:44 am

Looking for a way to automatically deprime. I see Lee has two different machines. I really just want to deprime don’t need to resize. I am wondering if anyone has tried either of these machines. Would like to know your thoughts. Thanks

kohlerpartsgod

Back to top Go down

Lee APP vs ACP Empty Re: Lee APP vs ACP

Post by chopper Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:59 am

I don't know what a ACP is? My shooting buddy has a APP and he uses his case feeder from his 650 and man that thing cranks them though as fast as you can pull the handle. Plus he has a printed bullet feeder and he uses the APP to size his cast bullets, also very fast.
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:28 am

The APP is great, I also have mine set up with a Dillon case feeder - very fast indeed. Only problem is that when going too fast I have destroyed a few cases when I pulled the ram down and the case was not correctly positioned. The plastic parts are fragile, best to order a set of parts from Lee (not expensive) to keep in stock, you will inevitably need something. But this is true for all of the LEE presses.

RoyDean

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:30 pm

The ACP is an APP type system for priming and depriming.  The APP will do more than depriming.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

chopper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:07 am

The Lee APP will do case bulge busting and primer pocket swaging also....I have one and love it. Like Roy said above a little on the fragile side but with appropriate care it does a stellar job and quick.
TonyH
TonyH

tomj44 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by joeangi Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:36 pm

I have an APP press set up to deprime before wet tumbling. It has a standard Lee depriming die. I bought extra plastic guides (for the tube to sit in) and extra 1/4 x 20 hardware and made them caliber specific to easily swap out. By loctiting the top nut, it makes a quick and easy caliber swap. Once set up it is very easy to operate. I am happy with mine

joeangi

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:46 pm

On my list of 'someday'. Need to check if 308 and 45 use the same shell holder. LNL doesn't ... But there's 223 ... ehh, they're cheap .. . Must review bench space.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyDean Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:55 pm

The APP uses special "pass through" shell holders. Lee sell a comprehensive set in a box just for the APP. Best way to go if you handle a lot of calibers.

Solution to bench space is Inline Fabrication QD mounts. Especially their new "riser" QD units. Not cheap, but very well made.

RoyDean

Back to top Go down

Post by Travlr99 Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:09 am

I use the APP for depriming, and mounted a set of the Lee feeding tubes to make the process even faster.  I like it, but as others have said, you have to keep your eye on it to make sure the brass is in the right place.  If not, all it takes is a tap on the red plastic slide to properly seat the shell.  The problem is either dirt on the slide, or perhaps simply friction.  I plan to call them to ask for advice on lubrication.

Travlr99

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Lorenz Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:19 pm

I applied Kroil on a Q-tip to the plastic feeder. It doesn't stick anymore.

Wes Lorenz

Travlr99 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:15 pm

just wipe the plastic clean and very sparingly apply a bit of silicone lube.
TonyH
TonyH

Travlr99 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Workman Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:46 pm

I use the APP with the 4 tubes and funnel. Also have the Lee Universal decapping die. It makes quick work of decapping. I use it for 9mm and .45 ACP. It is not as robust as I would like but it seems to get the job done.

Kermit Workman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum